Flip City» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Apartment, once more rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Darlington
msg tools
designer
mb
The apartment's power is triggered when you RECYCLE it. (not Flip, Flipping is always referred to as taking a card from its original side and putting it on its back).

So, here's how it goes:

Pay 8 coins. Recycle the Apartment, which means turn it so the Residential Area is face up.

Trigger the effect "When this card is Recycled, Flip this card and put it on an opponent's discard pile".

So here I am with it Recycled to reveal the Residential Area. Then I follow the instructions and FLIP it, so the Apartment is revealed, THEN put it on someone's discard.

Yes? No?

Or do I just "flip" it as part of the Recycling, and pass the Residential Area.

Word for word, option one seems correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sponaugle
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the cost, you better get SOMETHING good out of it!

There IS NO "Recycle" cost for the Apartment. Look carefully at the icons on the card, it is a "Flip" icon on both sides.

The Residential/Apartment card is the only card with TWO "Flip" sides and no Recycle "When this card is Recycled, Flip this card and put it on an opponent's discard pile."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read it as "When you pay the flip cost, flip the card and place it in an opponent's discard pile.

So your opponent gets a Residential Area in their discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Darlington
msg tools
designer
mb
paulspo wrote:
For the cost, you better get SOMETHING good out of it!

There IS NO "Recycle" cost for the Apartment. Look carefully at the icons on the card, it is a "Flip" icon on both sides.

The Residential/Apartment card is the only card with TWO "Flip" sides and no Recycle "When this card is Recycled, Flip this card and put it on an opponent's discard pile."

Ahhh, gotcha. That was my disconnect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Doyle
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mb
If what you say is correct, then at NO Time will ANYONE ever have an apartment in their discard pile, which makes the Power Plant function nonsense, as it says, "place an apartment from your discard pile onto another players discard pile." What am I/we missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Alfke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebo wrote:
If what you say is correct, then at NO Time will ANYONE ever have an apartment in their discard pile

No, because you only give away the Apartment card when you flip/upgrade it (which is expensive and can only be done when the card is already in the discard pile), not when you play (or discard) it.

(This really confused me but I get it now. It hinges on the icon at the bottom being “When this card is flipped...”, not “when this card is played...” like most of the cards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.