Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was visiting Jeff and Aprils place, so I brought along the pastel camels. I was curious to play with Jeff as he is blue green colorblind and I wanted to see if he could tell the difference between camels. Every game designer should take the time to make sure that colorblind players have a fair time about it. The very pastelness of the camels always draws comments. I think it was a good choice. It keeps the game from looking like a carnival in the desert. And it is strange. I have to admit that strange goes a long way toward making me like a game. I like the choices you have to make in this game as well. It appeals to me in a great number of ways.

Jeff and I played a couple of games two player. The other time that we had played we played three and four players. Playing two players was much different. Initial placement became much more important It is good that you pull 10 camels of every color shortening the game by about 5 or 7 turns with two players it would probably run long if you didn't.

The first game we played was a blowout, it was Jeff's learning the rules game and he put all of his camels on the edge of the board. I was curious to see what would happen, and as it turned out that doesn't seem to be a good strategy. I am still playing wiht how to win at the game too so I didn't pull any punches. The second game we played was much closer. Jeff seemed to like the game.

After we picked up April from work at the mall we walked by a haunted house thing that was in the parking lot. It was ten dollars to get in! Ten dollars! And there was a huge line to get in. We counted heads and figured that these people were makeing 30k minus expenses a day as a conservative estimate. And it looked pretty short on top of that. There are plenty of haunted cornfeild things that are twice as scary and big for maybe five bucks. Stupid City people. Oh wait .I'm a city person now. Sorry for being off topic here, but I love hallween, and it is ahame to see it exploited for a second rate art school.

April wanted to try both Camels and Bohnanza, but she wanted to try Bohn first. I suggested we play Camels first since is burns the brain a lot more.

She picked up quickly on the game as usual. I don't remember much of the first game we played, but I do remember that in the second game Jeff ended up getting none of the longest camel trains, and this threw my score higher than it shoult have been. Jeff and I both seemed to like the game, April seemed indifferent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.