Subject: Help Wanted to test WWG's new deck site for Epic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have been working on a nifty site for Epic for the past few months, where players can post decks, comment, import, export, favorite... all sorts of things. I am looking for a few testers to play around with the site next week, to try to break things.

You must have a Facebook account to log into the site. (When the site ships, anyone will be able to read things on the site w/o logging in.)

If you are interested, please send me "GeekMail" through this message board with the following information:

* Your first and last name according to your Facebook profile.
* A link to your Facebook page. (You can get this by clicking your first name in the upper-right corner of the FB home screen on a desktop computer.)
* Your email address (which does not need to match your FB email address).

I will send out invitations on Sunday and Monday.

We have a few great announcements coming in the next couple of weeks, including the street date for Epic: Tyrants, and our nifty plans for SXSW Gaming Expo. It's going to be a great month.

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic: Tyrants: Can you tell us how many cards are going to be in this set?

SXSW: Is there a way for those of us in Austin to attend without spending beaucoup bucks on SXSW tickets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otto
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murius wrote:
Sadly facebook is too much of a turn off, I'll wait for public access. (...)

Same. I hate FB, but nice to hear you guys are working on a site/feature like this! Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Brocks
msg tools
Super excited for the new deck building website.

Everything that ties the community together is a big boost for Epic.

Nathan, since you were announcing tournament packs, does that mean that tournament rules are done also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheReo wrote:
Nathan, since you were announcing tournament packs, does that mean that tournament rules are done also?

The tournament rules will be released Very Soon. (tm)

- Nathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
silverbowen wrote:
Epic: Tyrants: Can you tell us how many cards are going to be in this set?

SXSW: Is there a way for those of us in Austin to attend without spending beaucoup bucks on SXSW tickets?

48 cards, 12 in each of the four packs.

SXSW Gaming is *free*. We have a booth there, and we will be running events there (those events will not be free) that I am pretty sure some people will be very, very excited about.**

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
** hype train activated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Facebook is going to be the only way people can log into the site for posting decks and writing comments and the like for quite a while. We need to have some way to contain it such that people can't whack-a-mole with abusive comments or similar.

We are going to try to implement other options in the future, but it isn't near the top of our priority list.

That said, once we ship, anyone can go to the site and look at the decks. (And draw sample hands. And look at tournament-winning decks. And and and.)

- Nathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.