Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Kornjejev
Ukraine
Zaporozhje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some difficult questions for me:
1.Heavy Guns: Can I play this card only to perform an action (because no ships to install the guns)?
2. Mutiny Conspiracy: If the mutiny is over, a new captain has information about the ports in the table?
3. Pirat declared attack the port and the other player plays successful Mutiny, new captain is obliged to continue the attack or may refuse?
4. If the declared port attack interrupted I must note in attack history?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edward76 wrote:
Some difficult questions for me:
1.Heavy Guns: Can I play this card only to perform an action (because no ships to install the guns)?
2. Mutiny Conspiracy: If the mutiny is over, a new captain has information about the ports in the table?
3. Pirat declared attack the port and the other player plays successful Mutiny, new captain is obliged to continue the attack or may refuse?
4. If the declared port attack interrupted I must note in attack history?

1. Yes, the heavy guns just aren't installed on your ship.
2. No.
3. He can refuse. The action is wasted.
4. No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kornjejev
Ukraine
Zaporozhje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen in many living rules situation: when a varship (KC) attack pirate, pirate subtracts 2 if he have D&R. How can this happen? This AP Action (Use Any On-Station Warship) can be done during a Pirate Player’s:─ Find Merchant Ship Action ─ Loot Merchant Ship Action ─ Convert Merchant Ship Action ─ Attack Port Action AND these actions are not possible if Pirate have D&R! KC may react on movement action and this is the only situation when Pirate with D&R!
And another question: how often on turn Warship can be activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edward76 wrote:
I have seen in many living rules situation: when a varship (KC) attack pirate, pirate subtracts 2 if he have D&R. How can this happen? This AP Action (Use Any On-Station Warship) can be done during a Pirate Player’s:─ Find Merchant Ship Action ─ Loot Merchant Ship Action ─ Convert Merchant Ship Action ─ Attack Port Action AND these actions are not possible if Pirate have D&R! KC may react on movement action and this is the only situation when Pirate with D&R!
And another question: how often on turn Warship can be activated?

It is possible to obtain Debauchery & Revelry (D&R) on a Loot Merchant action. The last step of that action is to decide to go into voluntary D&R. Also, a ship may acquire voluntary D&R on a Sack Port action which is the second part of the Attack Port action. See section 13 for other ways to obtain D&R. Once voluntary D&R is obtained the ship must go to port to remove the D&R. The KC could catch the ship enroute to the port.

A warship can be activated once per a pirate's TURN. KCs may react multiple times to any pirate in its sea zone or an adjacent sea zone during a pirate's TURN. However, an attempt to deploy a KC can only be made once during a pirate's TURN.

BTW, it sounds like you are learning the game. I encourage you to download my condensed rules here on BGG. They'll help in navigating a somewhat rough rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kornjejev
Ukraine
Zaporozhje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand how to get D&R but if my Pirate have D&R I can not find, loot, attack the port. And therefore Waship can not attack me (as the anti-piracy action)!
KC may react on movement action and I can be with or without D&R.
Maybe it's a bug in the living rules with "► -2 modifier to Pirate if undergoing D&R"?
Another question: if two pirates in the same zone (including my own) can I deploy KC in this zone? What am I supposed to do with my own pirate in the same zone with my KC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edward76 wrote:
I understand how to get D&R but if my Pirate have D&R I can not find, loot, attack the port. And therefore Waship can not attack me (as the anti-piracy action)!
KC may react on movement action and I can be with or without D&R.
Maybe it's a bug in the living rules with "► -2 modifier to Pirate if undergoing D&R"?
Another question: if two pirates in the same zone (including my own) can I deploy KC in this zone? What am I supposed to do with my own pirate in the same zone with my KC?

I'm not sure where you are reading that a pirate under D&R has a -2 modifier when attacked by warships. Section 6.4 Warships and section 10 King's Commissioners do not mention this. Section 13 D&R under 13.23 says to apply a -2 modifier if a pirate under D&R is attacked at sea. KCs can attack a pirate at sea using a Reaction.

According to section 10.27 a player can place a KC in a sea zone with one of his pirates. However, the player's pirate cannot remain in the sea zone and I assume must be moved out as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kornjejev
Ukraine
Zaporozhje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question from my son: if I have Scurvy can I draw Hostage chit when Loot Merchant Ship? And is he dies later if I did not take off Scurvy?
And: If I am in the England port and General Pardon card appear second time my I did not retire just to sail from the port?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edward76 wrote:
Interesting question from my son: if I have Scurvy can I draw Hostage chit when Loot Merchant Ship? And is he dies later if I did not take off Scurvy?
And: If I am in the England port and General Pardon card appear second time my I did not retire just to sail from the port?

Yes, you can draw a new hostage when under Scurvy. The card explanation specifically says that when the Scurvy marker is placed on the pirate, any hostages 'on board at that time dies immediately'. So any hostage taken on board a ship already under Scurvy is OK.

No, you cannot move out of an English port while General Pardon is in affect. Retirement is mandatory. See second bullet point under the card's description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.