Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beginner question: When i use a crash gem as a reaction in opponents turn, does it stay in my action area till the end of my own turn and can i use the 1 money on it to buy?

It is different explained in (german) rulebook and faq.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:
Beginner question: When i use a crash gem as a reaction in opponents turn, does it stay in my action area till the end of my own turn and can i use the 1 money on it to buy?

It is different explained in (german) rulebook and faq.

You do not get +1$ when counter-crashing during an opponent's turn.
You DO get +1$ when counter-counter crashing during your own turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chips you play out of turn (due to blue or purple shield reactions or Improvisation's reaction effect) go to your discard pile after resolving. Icons granting arrows, pigs, or money gain or loss are ignored, but you do draw chips if indicated. Any text on the chips resolves normally, but text that refers to "this turn" (like on Sale Prices) is ignored since it is not your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
The above posters are correct. If you play a Crash Gem when it is not your turn, you do not benefit from the +$1 effect. You only get a Buy phase in which to spend money on your own turn.

When you play any reaction (blue shield or purple shield), it goes to your discard once played. In the case of reactions which draw chips (Self Improvement, two of Gloria's character chips), they go to your discard before the draw resolves and if you cycle your deck, it is possible to redraw them off of their own effect.

Xelvonar wrote:
Any text on the chips resolves normally, but text that refers to "this turn" (like on Sale Prices) is ignored since it is not your turn.

That last part is incorrect. If you do play Sale Prices on an opponent's turn (via Improvisation reaction or being Mistresses Commanded into it), then all chips still cost $1 less during that opponent's turn. This normally doesn't help you, since you only get a buy phase on your own turn and cannot usually benefit from the cost reduction. However there are some few interactions where it can matter such as triggering Midori's Rigorous Training reaction or in a situation where you follow up an out-of-turn Sale Prices with an out-of-turn Training Day (or similar chip).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.