Hide
8 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories: The Marcy Case» Forums » General

Subject: Why is Marcy so important? [SPOILERS] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathias Tortelboom
msg tools

I just finished playing the Marcy case and thought it was very entertaining. It just felt to me like there are some open questions left after finishing the scenario. The biggest ones for me are these ones:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Why is marcy so important that she needs to be saved?

Which experiments were done on these girls and where did it go wrong. Was there ill will involved?

How did the girls end up where they were found? Like, how did Marcy end up in Rogers house in the forest. What was Rogers part in all this, and why was he under surveillance?

Does someone have an answer to those questions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find my reply above, in relation to a game that is full of unknowns and secrets yet to be discovered, is rude and offensive then please use the red x, there's no need to geek mail me.

If you wish to explore the game's unanswered questions further, then post here (I'm usually on the game's various fora several times a day) or look at some of the other threads on the same or similar subjects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Tortelboom
msg tools
No offense, but I don't think I want to explore the unanswered questions any further with someone who doesn't seem to show any interest at all in the questions I asked (judging by your first unnecessary comment).

Still, good to know that my questions will probably be answered in upcoming scenarios. That solves it for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah, I hope future scenarios will answer them. Marcy Case gave enough info however:

According to the Marcy Case, some individuals were trying to create some super-humans, but it went wrong (Zombies). Who? Well, I have a theory, but that would involve Prophecy of Dragons spoilers which I won't tell here. In any case, the substance didn't work either on three of the four girls. But on Marcy, it probably did. So before she could be kidnapped by the bad-guys, the T.I.M.E. agency got to her first. To prevent her to become a super-human? Or to use her as a super-human? Well, I'm just as curious as you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MT91 wrote:

How did the girls end up where they were found? Like, how did Marcy end up in Rogers house in the forest. What was Rogers part in all this, and why was he under surveillance?

Interestingly, it is by *guessing* a story around this point exactly that one of the team I play with end up solving the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offence taken, your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MT91 wrote:

I just finished playing the Marcy case and thought it was very entertaining. It just felt to me like there are some open questions left after finishing the scenario. The biggest ones for me are these ones:

Why is marcy so important that she needs to be saved?

Which experiments were done on these girls and where did it go wrong. Was there ill will involved?

Does someone have an answer to those questions?

Been a little while since I played so my memory is a little rusty, but...

From the records of the other girls, I'm guessing that they were trying to find some sort of cure, or at least immunization, for the virus. Marcy's the only one that didn't fail the tests.

I'm guessing it started off as research that mutated into the zombie virus, with the lab using the hotel as part of their cover. When things went to hell, they started to research a cure, and that's where Marcy came in.

Don't know about the other girls, but I think it was hinted that Roger was one of the scientists, and it looks like he was trying to escape with Marcy when the lab was overrun since he thought she was the key to the cure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.