Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
"You may pay the AM 1 gold to PEEK at 2 Items from all items in the Vault."

What if the Vault card says 1 Peek? Now I get 3 Peeks? Or 2 Peeks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we've been playing it is that you get two additional peeks. So yes, in your example where the vault gives you one peek, you would get three peeks in total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically I'd say it gives you a separate peek at two cards right before bidding starts, rather than increasing the existing peek by two cards. That makes a difference because you could end up peeking at the same card twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Technically I'd say it gives you a separate peek at two cards right before bidding starts, rather than increasing the existing peek by two cards. That makes a difference because you could end up peeking at the same card twice.

Agree -- that's why it says "all" cards. If it said "to peek at the secret cards," then you'd be getting a guarantee that you're peeking at cards the AM didn't want you to see.

My group would play this using a method so that the AM doesn't know which cards you saw. Shuffle all the cards in the vault and hand them to you. You do a quick overhand shuffle and pick two cards to peek at, then put them back and shuffle again, hand back to the AM and then they set up the vault as they like.

This is the method the game [redacted] uses to share info. You're never quite sure what your opponent / ally saw or didn't see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Csaba Laszlo
Germany
Braunschweig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question in this case is that, with the Spyglass can we peek items later on, before bidding, in those Vaults, which have originally a 0 peek value too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Boga82 wrote:
My question in this case is that, with the Spyglass can we peek items later on, before bidding, in those Vaults, which have originally a 0 peek value too?

I would say you have to use the spyglass before the auction master sets the auction up, or else the revealed items get shuffled into the stack you're peeking at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.