Subject: 2nd edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
After I read the mess of this expansion I did not ordered it. Now I know that producers made replacement kits for the tokens / cards with the mistakes. Does anyone know if a second edition that come fix right out the bat (no need to order replacement) is plan / coming or the way to go is order the one with mistake and then the replacement kit? Thx

PS waiting is no a biggie if is coming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't believe any expansion will get a reprint (let alone '2nd edition') if it does not sell all of its initial print run, or at least sales must be consistent enough to guarantee the first run will sell out eventually.

So it's something of a catch-22. If people avoid buying this print because they don't want to have to order and wait for the replacements, then there might never be a reprint.

If I were you, I'd wait for a while and let WizKids clear the obvious backlog of component replacement orders. Mine were sent out and received quite fast and took just a couple of weeks at most. Others have been waiting for months now.

Once things look like replacements are definitely arriving I would just buy this printing and immediately order the replacement parts - hopefully by then WizKids will be able to respond a bit quicker.

Unless of course a 2nd print run is announced before that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Which component issues have they been willing to fix? I've heard that there are many, so I can't imagine them remedying them all. I too been holding my breath for a second print run AND AM DYING.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The replacement pack they sent out had new cards (thicker), tokens (bigger) and rulebook (not squished into a small box).

So, they actually did replace everything that had issues.

I'd say it likely that newer print runs will have these fixed components, but no idea when that would be. Personally, I'd just get the expansion and order the replacements. None of the issues prevent you from playing the game, so it's not as if you even need to wait to start playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool.. thanks for the advice. i ll wait till around summer, by then they should have catch up and if a second print is not announce i would get this one with replacement kit

@orion oh yea, sorry i ment second printing, no 2nd ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I love Mage Knight and have all the previous expansions but I'll wait indefinetely for the reprint of SoT.Can't believe they messed this one so badly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.