Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

1775: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Indians and "hit" die rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to ask as it is not explicitly stated in the rules (unless I missed it) -- indians can not be used to satisfy the requirements of an opponents hit die rolls correct?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once allied, they are considered your units. Like any other allied units, you may remove them as a result of enemy hit result.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the issue -- could you give me a section in the rules to support that position?

If you look at the hit section, it states to remove a unit and place it in your reinforcement stockpile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Section 3.1.3, "Allied Units," on page 3:

Quote:
Once allied to a side, the Native American units are controlled by that side.


Section 3.3.1, "Hit Result," on page 4 (emphasis mine):

Quote:
When a Hit die face is rolled, an opponent's unit is removed from battle and placed into its Reinforcement Stockpile. The opponents decide among themselves which unit to remove if units from more than one faction are present in battle.


The Native American's do have a reinforcement stockpile (the tub holding all the green cubes). So you can definitely "place it into its Reinforcement Stockpile," as the rules say. And since the controlling player treats them as their own units, the controlling player can decide if they want to remove them as a hit.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

One dispute solved
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Campbell
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the fickle loyalties of Indians make them excellent units to absorb hits with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
apkendrick wrote:

The Native American's do have a reinforcement stockpile (the tub holding all the green cubes).

Native American reinforcement stockpile is not the tub holding all the cubes, else that would mean when one of those NA reinforcement cards comes out, all the Native American cubes hit the board. We put Native American retreats on the symbol in the Atlantic Ocean, just like other factions. It is those cubes that come back through card play (only).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
Avatar
mbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:
apkendrick wrote:

The Native American's do have a reinforcement stockpile (the tub holding all the green cubes).

Native American reinforcement stockpile is not the tub holding all the cubes, else that would mean when one of those NA reinforcement cards comes out, all the Native American cubes hit the board. We put Native American retreats on the symbol in the Atlantic Ocean, just like other factions. It is those cubes that come back through card play (only).


I think you are mixing up the "Fled Units" area and the stockpile. Hit results rolled by the enemy send units back to the stockpile (the tub, if you use it, or just a pile), not the Fled Units area. So the Native Americans do have a stockpile and it is not the Fled Units area. It could be the tub that comes with the game or just a pile on the table, but it's different from the Fled Units area.

The Fled Units area comes into play when a friendly unit rolls a flee. The events you are referring to (Continental Army's #12 Colonel Louis and British Regular #12 Joseph Brant) bring units in from the Fled Units area only. There isn't an Event that says to bring all Native American units from the stockpile into play. They both say "fled Native American units."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
apkendrick wrote:
DrFlanagan wrote:
apkendrick wrote:

The Native American's do have a reinforcement stockpile (the tub holding all the green cubes).

Native American reinforcement stockpile is not the tub holding all the cubes, else that would mean when one of those NA reinforcement cards comes out, all the Native American cubes hit the board. We put Native American retreats on the symbol in the Atlantic Ocean, just like other factions. It is those cubes that come back through card play (only).


I think you are mixing up the "Fled Units" area and the stockpile. Hit results rolled by the enemy send units back to the stockpile (the tub, if you use it, or just a pile), not the Fled Units area. So the Native Americans do have a stockpile and it is not the Fled Units area. It could be the tub that comes with the game or just a pile on the table, but it's different from the Fled Units area.

The Fled Units area comes into play when a friendly unit rolls a flee. The events you are referring to (Continental Army's #12 Colonel Louis and British Regular #12 Joseph Brant) bring units in from the Fled Units area only. There isn't an Event that says to bring all Native American units from the stockpile into play. They both say "fled Native American units."

You are of course right. I thought it said "fled." That's what I get for trying to think before my tea.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.