Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Ferrari
Italy
Bagnolo Cremasco
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play a 2 player game with variant Shadow Puppets, when assigning influence during phase Rallying Influence, do I have to do it as if there are 4 players (since there are 4 cardinals in play even if the players are only 2)?

Could Puppets Variant work also with 3 players (assigning influence during Rallying Influence as if there were 6 players)?

Flame of Thy Tongue could be combined with Shadow Puppets? That is I apply Shadow Puppets variant and, if 2 Rumors Cards matches the 2 Cardinals of a player, this players isn't eliminated but looses as many points as there are players (or maybe 4 with 2 players, depending on the anwers to the questions above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Rally influence Phase it is the same payout to the ladder in a 2 player game or 4 player game. Starting at the top of the ladder the payout is 3, 2, 1 to the top three Cardinals in the ladder.

In a 5 or 6 player game the payout is 3,2,2,1.

So to answer your question it is the same for a 2,3 or 4 player game when paying out influence during game play.

Could Puppets Variant work also with 3 players (assigning influence during Rallying Influence as if there were 6 players)?

Yes, I suppose you could use the payout the same. in a three player game, However the main purpose for the difference is then number of players. In a three player game all three Cardinals in play may be at the top. In a 5 or 6 player game if you were at the bottom of the ladder, you are further away from a payout and thus could draw more attention to yourself by moving the ladder in a bribe action.

To the last question sure you could play this way, as well.

I think that this is one of the cool things about this game is there are so many ways that you change the scoring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.