Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If dice have been saved, and other dice are then re-rolled knocking the saved dice to a changed result, does the new result or the original result apply?

2. If a saved die has a fortune die locked to it, and other dice are then re-rolled knocking the fortune die so that it no longer faces the die it was locked to, does the fortune still remain locked to that die or is it lost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those "is everything not permitted is forbidden" sort of things.

There's no rules for explicitly knocking other people's dice for results or unlocking locked dice, except for by choice.

So: locked dice (either ones you keep or fortunes locked to a specific die face) are kept locked on the their locked facings/orientation each turn, regardless of being altered by other dice rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind that you can place the house and locked dice off to the side so they less likely to be knocked over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ol_bubba wrote:
Also keep in mind that you can place the house and locked dice off to the side so they less likely to be knocked over.

Yes, but sometimes you want locked dice placed in a central position, so that you can try and roll fortune dice to increase their effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now there is nothing in the rules that says saved or locked dice can be changed be rolled dice, sort of dexterity style. So for now you can't. If you do, just set it back to where it was.

For dice all rolled together, the possibility exists for influencing dice in the scrum of course. But you are supposed to roll them all together, so it's hard to take advantage of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Webster
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
If I can't solo it, I don't want it
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a very interesting question, which I had myself in a recent game with the kids. I'm glad to see it answered officially - thanks!

The fact that the orientation of dice actually matters, and also that previously rolled dice can be affected/used/rolled again later, makes Ninja Dice unique (at least in the dice games I own). It's a very cool mechanic!

My only sorrow is that there isn't a fleshed-out solo mode for this, otherwise I would play it a lot more. Maybe one day I will sit down and try to come up with something ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gray81 wrote:

My only sorrow is that there isn't a fleshed-out solo mode for this, otherwise I would play it a lot more. Maybe one day I will sit down and try to come up with something ...

I have played it solo by using a variant of the two player rules. The difference is instead of earning coins, I try to the get the max points possible after the three rounds. If my math is correct, max points for three rounds is 24 points.

Two threat dice are rolled along with the skill dice, per the two player rules. Hour glass dice perform the same function as in regular play. Instead of successful arrow dice taking coins they add one negative point for each successful arrow dice rolled.

Bonuses for "beating a house" and "not fighting" per normal rules apply.

My best game so far was 20 of 24 points and my worst was -6 of 24 points. The worst score was due to getting four hour glass dice each round and six successful arrow attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I work on a new expansion, I'd like it to be more solo or AI related (amongst other things). I was thinking of having players have a Hunter or something - some kind of attacker - that hounds the player. Then you can complete the various three round location missions with a more interesting enemy for a more involved solo game. Or maybe play team missions as a co-op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.