7 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Question on expansions, new player. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
I've just ordered KD.
While I'm waiting, can anyone tell me, without spoilers, if the expansion figures actually add to the gameplay?
On the KD store, the encore run boxes only contain the miniature (in resin or HP), some artwork as well as the character card. Again, no spoilers please, but from what I've heard, each enemy uses its own deck of cards as an AI, so if the cards for the Sunstalker are absent then buying it will only be for the figure's aethetics, it won't add anything to the actual gameplay.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Schade
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I hope you have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, first of: The expansions are not yet available. Kickstarter Backers are currently receiving theirs, but they are not up on the webstore yet.

The Sunstalker there is only the miniature.

When the expansions will be available they differ in what they add.

The Sunstalker and the Dragon King are new campaigns.

And the other ones are new quarrys and enemy monsters that you can add to any campaign. However I would recommend, start out with the base game, so you can see what a Quarry is in the game and what a Nemesis is.

I hope this helps as a general idea.

Now you'll have to excuse me, since I have to go back to the webshop to click F5 in the vain hope of the expansions being available for non backers

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Thanks, bro.

Exactly what I need to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the expansions add gameplay. I'm actually a little bit amazed by just how much each expansion does add, both physically and in terms of gameplay. I haven't added any of them to the game yet (still assembling and figuring out storage solutions) but each one adds plenty of things to add to your core game and then some more expansion-specific stuff.

But like already pointed out, the expansions aren't on the store yet, so if you're planning on getting them save your money. Those are just minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions add gameplay.......but the core game has so much content in and of itself you'll literally be occupied for 6 months to a year before tiring of the core game. I'm still wading through the avalanche of content in the core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just head over to eBay they have all expansions from one guy for only $4000.

What a F'ing joke lol...

I feel like I could play the core box alone 6-7 times (full campaigns) before It'd get remotely stale. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't buy any XP's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
79strat wrote:
Just head over to eBay they have all expansions from one guy for only $4000.

What a F'ing joke lol...

I feel like I could play the core box alone 6-7 times (full campaigns) before It'd get remotely stale. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't buy any XP's.

Plus he has 0% positive feedback! Seems legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.