United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Frigate Foe state:

If you trade with a Frigate and decline the coins (including those from a matching Trader), immediately place a wooden cube on space 1. The next time you decline this way, move the wooden cube to space 2. The third time you do so, you complete the Contract immediately. You cannot use the wooden cube on space 1 and 2 for another Contract. Each player can have a wooden cube there.

The bold section breaks the solo game. I'm going to ignore it and remove them after I've used them, but I was hoping for an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In a solo game you have 3 contracts and 3 tokens. So there is no reason to remove the token from this contract.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
In a solo game you have 3 contracts and 3 tokens. So there is no reason to remove the token from this contract.

Maybe I'm not understanding the wording of the written rules. I thought it was saying that all 3 cubes must remain on frigate foe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, first time you deny trading you place a cube on the '1' space. Second time you move the cube from the '1' to the '2' space. Third time, you put it on the left-most free space in the row with coin symbols.

EDIT: Actually the part of the rules you quote, says to MOVE the cube from 1 to 2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:

EDIT: Actually the part of the rules you quote, says to MOVE the cube from 1 to 2...

Ah, yes I see that now. Crazy, I read it several times but just wasn't "getting it". Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.