Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that you can attempt to court a married daughter (the last point of E3).

The jealous husband will fight the courting hunter in phase 3 per the last point in F2, with the jealous husband hitting on a 1 or 2.

What I'm not clear on is what happens in phase 4 if both players survive the attack phase.

Can the courting hunter attempt to court the married daughter (if the existing husband is not killed)?

Does the jealous husband have to re-attempt to court the married daughter? Or is he automatically successful (because he was already married!)?

The way the rules are written, the last successful suitor becomes the husband. So, it could be that the jealous husband has the last attempt at courting, or that the courting hunter has the last attempt.

I can't imagine it to be true, but would the jealous husband return to immature, if it needed to re-court a daughter in his own tableau?

It feels like the courting husband should only be able to succeed if he kills the jealous husband or if he is the last player to act and survives the attack phase and then successfully courts the daughter. And that the jealous husband should not have to (re)roll for courting. But I don't see that explicitly stated (one way or the other) in the living rules.

Thank you,
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules: "To succeed, a courting hunter must both survive combat during Phase 3 (from any rival courting hunters or a jealous husband (F2)), and must achieve a hit by rolling a “1” or “2” in his courtship roll (i.e. special Hunt Roll)."

So after combat, a courting hunter makes the courtship roll (if multiple courting hunters, the last one to succeed the roll wins). If he succeeds, according to the rules: "A success returns the former husband (if any) to the unassigned hunters of whichever player owns the tableau, and places the courting hunter in the husband spot as the new husband."

The husband only gets to participate in the battle in phase 3, not in the courtship roll in phase 4. Phase 3 is his only chance to fend off the competitors. If all courting hunters fail, husband remains, if any of the courting hunters succeed, husband is returned to the owner of the tableau and courting hunter replaces him as husband (mature if in a foreign tableau).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.