Subject: Starting workers, using the extended board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Do players still usually start with 1 Grande and 2 normal workers on the Extended Board? Isn't that a disadvantage now that there are four seasons worth of spots to place workers on (instead of two on the normal board)? Shouldn't people just always go for the extra worker on their first turn to let them place at least one per season?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing once per season really isn't the goal here. In the early game, there are times when you don't care about the fall and winter actions, and later in the game the earlier seasons are a little less important. I do tend to try to get my 4th and 5th workers as soon as I can, but that's not because there's 4 seasons, it's because there's a lot of things to do and being able to do more per year is beneficial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I go for max workers with every worker placement game. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. With Viticulture, I try to get up to five soon, six only if an opportunity comes up.

Best game in terms of number of workers was one were I was at six workers at the end of year one: One from Dad, one from another player's visitor and one bought regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.