Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that the heart of the game is acquiring the right shares at the right price and that actually running the railroads is a distraction from sussing out who's likely to do what and that most players can be depended upon to maximise the earning potential of companies that they're invested in.
But just being an investor is less interesting than having the choice of also laying track, putting a share up for auction and choosing to cause a payout as well.
The only alternative I've seen posted so far is to draw out all the cubes and (in a five player game) set the player order for a full three turns which won't reflect changes in player income.
So what I would suggest is that the players who don't have their cubes drawn have the choice to select ONE spot for the next turn (in reverse income order) or have their cubes put in and take their chances like everyone else.
They can put one of their cubes above the spot they'd like next turn to mark their choice.
The following turn they get the bag draw as normal.
If I was in last place I'd definitely go for the draw but I might choose this if I've been getting an odd string of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I found the games in which I didn't get turns the most interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that was the universal reaction, there'd be no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.