Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having got into some casual Magic about a year ago, I doubt I will play his game again - too many other alternatives.

I have every duel deck (with the exception of blessed vs cursed), a couple of event decks and an old artifact theme deck.

It is all housed in the duel deck anthology box.

Question is - how much is it worth and what would be the best way to get rid? Thinking Ebay.....

Cheers all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
Ebay should give you the best results. You should be able to net about $400+ overall.

Some Duel Decks may be more valuable grouped with others (like the Anthology), while some may give you the best return when sold alone. Research completed auctions to find out how best to proceed.

EDIT: Although I question if you really have EVERY duel deck since you only got into Magic a year ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth whatever people are paying.

That's very easy to check on ebay. Duel decks are sold all the time.

It's hard to offer much more for you, though, since you didn't say anything about the condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisbender wrote:
Ebay should give you the best results. You should be able to net about $400+ overall.

Some Duel Decks may be more valuable grouped with others (like the Anthology), while some may give you the best return when sold alone. Research completed auctions to find out how best to proceed.

EDIT: Although I question if you really have EVERY duel deck since you only got into Magic a year ago.
I think he specifically has the duel deck anthology, not every duel deck ever.

"These eight, ready-to-play, 60-card Magic decks showcase our first four dueling match-ups. Rejoin the fray as the game’s most famous Planeswalkers go head to head. Relive the divine clashing with the Demonic, and Elves confronting Goblins. Replay the original duels, or mix and match the combatants to create new battles across the Multiverse..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
He does say EVERY Dual Deck. I wouldn't doubt he has all though as well. Maybe he can clarify so we can better help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for the advice so far all. I was hoping to get rid all in one go rather than piece meal.

From https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Duel_Decks, I have the first 16 of the 17 decks. I am aware there are other pre-con decks (I also have 2 event decks and a theme deck), though as far as I know that's all the duel decks.

Each deck has been played a few times and cards have not been sleeved if that helps.

Would prefer to list on BGG if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
abravenewgeek wrote:
Cheers for the advice so far all. I was hoping to get rid all in one go rather than piece meal.

From https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Duel_Decks, I have the first 16 of the 17 decks. I am aware there are other pre-con decks (I also have 2 event decks and a theme deck), though as far as I know that's all the duel decks.

Each deck has been played a few times and cards have not been sleeved if that helps.

Would prefer to list on BGG if possible.

From past experience I can tell you BGG is a horrible place to sell Magic. You won't get nearly as much as you would selling them on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool - thanks Chris! Any idea of a rough value as a job lot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.