Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my least favorite bits of Pandemic is the hassle of dividing up the draw pile into separate chunks and shuffling each one separately, so I wasn't thrilled to see that Astra Titanus uses the same mechanic (though at a smaller scale).

Then, as I was going through the deck, I saw the RESHUFFLE card. surprise

Given that it is likely for the deck to be reshuffled before the cards in the bottom half of the deck are likely to be drawn, and given that the two cards deliberately placed in the bottom half are reshuffled back into the deck if they have no effect, is there a real value in setting up the deck as instructed?

It seems like each individual game that I play without stacking the deck is legal: by chance, many times the two special cards will end up in the bottom half when the deck is not stacked; and by chance, many times the deck is stacked, the deck will be reshuffled before the second half is reached.

So the only question is whether the overall change in probabilities is significant. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.