Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Neal
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be anything to stop the Germans from invading the Soviet Union in the fall and being able to keep up the offensive right through the winter. Has anyone come up with a house rule to limit German activity against the USSR for at least the first couple of winters?

I like this game, it brings WW2 in Europe to a manageable level. It could use a few tweaks like this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
I assume you're playing the boxed game version. Seasonal issues were abstracted into relative unit strengths and other ways to avoid extra rules (we worked pretty hard to keep the game as clean as possible while still arriving at plausible results). Also note that we do not try to straight jacket play into strictly historical avenues, which was also a factor. If you add special rules for winter, you may very likely unbalance the game. That said, by all means try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Neal
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response Jon. Makes sense, and it is a very clean design considering the scope covered. BTW I'm playing the print-n-play version. I appreciate the effort not to script the game. In my solitaire game, Sealion did take place, I neglected to move the fleet down from Scapa and was concerned about it being bombed. So it was out of range to intercept the invasion fleet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
You should download the new version of the rules in the files section here. There will be some differences from the print n play version, but there are a few clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Neal
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
irratejon wrote:
You should download the new version of the rules in the files section here. There will be some differences from the print n play version, but there are a few clarifications.

Yep, saw the new version and downloaded it, thanks for posting.

Because the game is straight-forward, players can just have a fun hex and counter brawl. But also I'm sure some neat variants could be introduced. How about Germany's Z fleet or a range 6 bomber fleet? Of course the German player should have to trade some forces in to keep the game balanced. Hmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
We've got some of those coming up in CounterFact No. 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil woolway
United Kingdom
Watchet
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Jon,
Where can I find Counterfact no.3 (and presumably Counterfact 1 and 2)?
Many thanks Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Counterfact No. 3

http://ossgamescart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&pro...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.