Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, when we played recently my opponent, as the Germans, invaded the Netherlands.

It's clear what this costs, and it's clear that it allows movement to and from Antwerp and a Aachen / Koln (if I recall, away from the game right now!)

But, what about:

A) Once invaded an supply be drawn through the Netherlands?
A - i) If so is that only to Antwerp or to any area on the map the Netherlands touches?

B) Can the Entente by retaking Antwerp then move through the Netherlands into Aachen / Koln?

B - i) Does this then make the Netherlands ineligible for tracing supply as the entente was the last player to "move" through it.

Basically any and all help on how to handle the Netherlands is very, very welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for these good questions Alastair.

The Netherlands is unplayable.

Invading the Netherlands causes Antwerp to be considered adjacent to Aachen and Köln for movement purposes as stated in German Variant #4. This adjacency extends to supply and retreat as well.

Remember the Netherlands area is unplayable regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tim. A couple of points.

Do those movement and supply rules apply to both players? i.e. once the Germans having invaded the Netherlands, can the Entente can then move through the Netherlands?

Supply is normally drawn through friendly areas, a friendly area is the one last moved through by your troops. If I use the movement from Antwerp to Aachen as the Entente does that make the Netherlands "friendly" to me for the purposes of drawing supply?

Example:

Germans invade Netherlands, capture some of Belgium, Germans only supplied through Netherlands link. Entente takes back Antwerp, moves to Aachen via Netherlands rule, Germans take back Antwerp....so now what? Are the Germans in supply because the Netherlands is considered adjacent to Koln? Or OOS becuase the Netherlands was last moved through by the Entente and is therefore enemy / not friendly to the Germans? Thanks

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do those movement and supply rules apply to both players?

Yes.

Quote:
Supply is normally drawn through friendly areas, a friendly area is the one last moved through by your troops. If I use the movement from Antwerp to Aachen as the Entente does that make the Netherlands "friendly" to me for the purposes of drawing supply?

The Netherlands is not a playable area, so it's neither friendly nor enemy. Think of it as not existing in play; not part of the equation at all. Treat Antwerp as being adjacent to Aachen and Köln. The answer to your question becomes clear then.

This point is fairly hypothetical though, if the Entente are crashing into Germany the game is all but over anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.