Subject: Dispel Question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magdiel Rubiano
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can 'Dispel' cancel 'Embed Enchantment' as well as 'Enchant Armour'? Thanks in advance.

"DISPEL"
Immediately cancels the ongoing effect of any one spell. It cannot unsummon a creature, but it can cancel the control of a creature.

"EMBED ENCHANTMENT"
This spell causes any Enchant Armour or Enchant Weapon spell that is still active at the end of a game, to become permanent, and the weapon or armour in question to become a magic item. Alternatively, a spellcaster may cast either of those spells after a game (even though neither are usually an Out of Game spell), immediately followed by Embed Enchantment. If both spells are successful, the item becomes permanently enchanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bockerstette
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the errata:

Dispell – Cancels one casting of any given spell.

That doesn't make anything clearer about Dispel cancelling Embed Enchantment. I think the way to look at it is that Embed Enchantment permanently makes items into magical items and Dispel doesn't work on magical items.

Those are my thoughts. I'd like to hear what other people think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Joe. Embed Enchantment has an instant effect to turn a mundane weapon into a magic weapon. After that the spell has finished so its no longer active and can't be dispelled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McCullough
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't Dispell and embedded enchantment, just like Joe and Evil Roy said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magdiel Rubiano
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.