England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Some of the shows have a different number of duration tokens on them. Does this mean;

1. The number of tokens denote the round in which a show is removed (i.e a show with three duration tokens is removed at the end of round three - even if it was only bought in that round)?

2. The number of tokens denotes the number of rounds the show is valid for (i,e, if it has three tokens and was bought in round two, it would be removed at the end of round four)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Show Duration
Ok, I think I have answered this myself.

The shows with 1 duration are Single shows (discarded after each round).

The shows with 4 duration are mini-series and discarded after round 4.

The shows with 6 duration are series and last the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't got my game yet but I think:

1 disc = one off - so discarded at end of round
3 discs = mini series so only discarded at Season 1 Finale (i.e. end of round 3)
6 discs = Series so stay for the game duration

Section 4.3 in my PDF rules

EDIT: ninja 'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm what
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wrote.

Thanks,

Elad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Forbes
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated in the rules, when you transition from Season 1 to Season 2 (turn 4), you will discard all mini-series but you do get a re-run card like you would when single shows done.

Optimally, you want to start a mini-series on turns 1 or 4 so they run the full length of time they could. If you are using them on other turns, likely it's because you are using them for a variety bonus.

The easiest way to think of it is to remember that you are playing 2 seasons and only the 6-disc shows will run the entire game. Everything else wipes at the start of the second season (turn 4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
William Hunt wrote:
biggest problem however is: how do you track how long a show has been broadcasted? Imagine there is a show that has 3 discs, so it lasts three weeks but the players don't remember how long the show has been there, what to do then? There is no way to track this

There is no need to track. One disc shows are removed at the end of the round, three disc shows are removed at the end of round 3. Six disc shows remain for the whole game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.