Hide
5 Posts

Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Military Action Example rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff C
msg tools
For the example on page 11 of the Age of Conan rules, in part II it has the player moving additional units into Argos and then has the text “This move would count as an attack, not a redeployment, because Argos is not friendly. He may then continue the campaign in Argos.” Shouldn’t the text “He may...” be “He must...”? The reason I ask is that under the Army Movement rules on page 12 of the rules it indicates that if an army moves into an enemy or neutral province the army’s movement ends and the appropriate military contest immediately takes place which indicates to me that the military contest must take place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe you have it right - it should be "must".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
galvornman wrote:
Yes, I believe you have it right - it should be "must".

I don't have the rules in front of me so I'm not sure:

if Argos is empty: then no, don't have to continue. The first movement is an attack, you must roll the dice until you have progressed at least once but you don't have to continue after that.

If Argos has troops of your own: then yes, when you add more units you must continue the campaign for at least one progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
Thanks for the replies; they confirmed what I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several cases where "may" is printed instead of "must".. unfortunately opening up for a lot of misinterpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.