Hide
7 Posts

Plan Orange: Pacific War 1930 – 1935» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on movement on Strategic Display rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wang Yun
msg tools
Can I use strategic naval movement to move US naval units on the Strategic Display?
Example: Use a 3OC card, activate Naval units in west coast, move them to Oahu, then send them to Funafuti using strategy naval movement.
Is that permitted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salm wrote:
Can I use strategic naval movement to move US naval units on the Strategic Display?
Example: Use a 3OC card, activate Naval units in west coast, move them to Oahu, then send them to Funafuti using strategy naval movement.
Is that permitted?

No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wang Yun
msg tools
Thanks! I guess the reason is that boxes on Strategy Display are not ports?

Another question: When using War Plan O-3 as EC, if I activate Naval units in west coast and move them to Oahu, then how many hex can they move on map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vignuzzi
Canada
Burritts Rapids
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had asked that question on CSW, and the answer Mark gave was that the bonus distance does not mean an increase in movement. Any unit still on the strategic display still moves at the card's 3OC limit (i.e. 3 spaces on the strategic display). The extra 15 hexes are lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wang Yun
msg tools
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Larose
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That being said, a unit *can* move 1 box (West Coast to Oahu) and move 10 hexes on the map with a 3 OC card, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick hildreth
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's correct.

colmenarez wrote:
... Per 10.26 All movement on the Strategic Display is considered naval movement.

... Per Mark Herman on CSW:

Mark Herman wrote:
... Movement on the strategic display is regular movement, so on a 3OC if you get to Oahu on the first move, then you have 2OC of movement available as long as its regular movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.