7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Smash Up: Munchkin $16.85 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Amazon (sold/shipped/taxed?) has Smash Up: Munchkin for $17.28 Now $16.85.

It was slightly cheaper yesterday, but not by much and is still a good deal compared to the usual suspects.

This is a standalone game that can be used as an expansion for the rest of the Smash Up line. Smash Up: Munchkin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Smash Up: Munchkin $17.28
$16.58 now. Said I would bite if it drpped into the $16's and I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Smash Up: Munchkin $17.28
Thanks! Grabbed one, wish they'd bring back the digital credit and ditch the stupid Prime Pantry free shipping.

Not the best reviews for the game and I probably won't mix it in with the rest of the expansions but I look forward to trying it out by itself.

For what it's worth, all of the Smash Up games are stand alone, some just only have enough decks to support a smaller player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
madaxer wrote:

For what it's worth, all of the Smash Up games are stand alone, some just only have enough decks to support a smaller player count.

Yes, even the small expansions can be played two player. Have you ever played two player Smash Up? Fittingly it plays a lot like Munchkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good deal, especially on this one. It's basically two expansions in one, for the number of cards/groups in it.

Still waiting for the "It's All Your Fault" expansion. I need to fill up more of the Big Geeky Box after all. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
madaxer wrote:

Yes, even the small expansions can be played two player. Have you ever played two player Smash Up? Fittingly it plays a lot like Munchkin.

I have indeed played several games of Smash Up 2 player. I think it plays best at 3, then 2 and lastly 4. Four player takes too much time trying to track everyone's cards, especially if there's new players.

IMHO, the only way to play the Cthulhu Expansion is 2 player because the madness cards don't interact with the rest of the series. I've heard similar things about Munchkin, hence the reason for my plans to keep it separated.

As far as the comparison to 2 player fittingly playing a lot like Munchkin, whaaat? How, a single game of Munchkin drags on for hours, is designed for king making, and is usually very lopsided. Two player games of Smash-up usually last 15 minutes and are fairly neck and neck for victory points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
madaxer wrote:

As far as the comparison to 2 player fittingly playing a lot like Munchkin, whaaat? How, a single game of Munchkin drags on for hours, is designed for king making, and is usually very lopsided. Two player games of Smash-up usually last 15 minutes and are fairly neck and neck for victory points.

I only did it with the base game, and we both had decks with lots of "name a faction" effects that led to a lot of useless back and forth screw your neighbor turns (Munchkin) or one/both of us locking down one of the three bases, making the game go on forever (Munchkin).

I do like the game with four players, its chaotic fun and the fiddly-ness can be helped with base point trackers.

This is another set you might want to keep separated. Definitely keep the bases separated. The other new decks, monsters and treasure are unique to the set, and some factions are reliant on them to be useful, but I don't think its as bad as the Cthulhu expansion madness deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.