Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question previously, but I never received a clear answer:

8.5.4 Attack: Do VC ambush in as many spaces as possible and then attack in spaces with 4+ guerrillas, or is Ambush limited to 1-2 spaces per their Special Activity?

If they have fewer than 4 guerrillas in any space, do they just ambush twice?

If yes, it seems like they're conducting a Special Activity without its accompanying Operation.

If no, then why the need for a following Ambush Special Activity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
ambush is still limited as for live players. Bots have to follow rules for Ops and SAs. Only rule they break is that they can play full Op with SA even if the first faction in turn played Op or Op+SA.

Ambush is unusual special activity because if played in combination with Attack Op, it just changes how is this Op executed in 1-2 spaces. In this case it has to be performed in spaces chosen for Attack and is not played separately as other SAs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the ambush Special Operation is played as part of the Attack operation and is limited to 1-2 spaces only- correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. thumbsup

And additionally it can be played as part of March operation in destination spaces. But there it does not modify attack but "adds" it (naturraly, because there is no attacking in March operation itself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Leroux
Canada
flag msg tools
So if there are no spaces with 4 vc guerillas or spaces with 4 have no enemy in them (But some LoCs do have underground VC, which triggered Attack Op), do the VC just Ambush from LoCs and thats it... Or is the Attack operation treated as 'None' and the VC bot marches instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
msg tools
I've been playing as if the VC only ambush from LoCs if there's no spaces with 4+ Guerillas but I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.