9 Posts

Talon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ramming missiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Fisher
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all, I'm really enjoying playing Talon.

I just had a thought on missiles.

How feasible is it for a small ship such as a scout to chase down and suicide ram a missile to protect a capital ship?
Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Scope creep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
The missile will only hit the ship it is targeted on. However, a missile can be destroyed by explosion damage from another ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Campos
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rules "missiles will only ever hit the target and pass through the hex of other units".

Also, missiles can't hit other missiles. If you can't even hit a missile with a missile, you sure can't hit it with a ship.

Gameplay wise I imagine it would muck up balance somewhat if you could a few basically cheap Meatshield class scouts to defend your carrier.

Although I admit I use that defensive strategy in Colonial Battlefleet all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Fighters do this just fine by shooting at the missiles with their phasers. The Talon player can retarget them on the fighters, of the fighters can shoot down a couple a turn. Scouts, not so much, with just one phaser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
The missile will only hit the ship it is targeted on. However, a missile can be destroyed by explosion damage from another ship.

That is ONE missile within the hex if there are multiple missiles in that hex (much like Explosion damage only effects ONE FTR in a squadron).

Just to clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps he is thinking the opponent will change targets with the missiles to get the 'easy' kill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Fisher
Australia
flag msg tools
Sagrilarus wrote:

Scope creep.

What is scope creep?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.