Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Stansbury
United States
Jefferson City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have build a list of Star Wars ships for Firefly but I am not nearly as adept at creating cards the way many of you are I was hoping for some help. If you want to take a Crack at any of the other models I have up be my guest and if you want a model made let me know I've got several in the works but I'll give you guys priority.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/norseknightcreations?section...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Those look awesome! Are you looking to sell those, share the plans for others to 3-D print, or do a swap card design/ship model trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are super awesome, but man Shapeways is just not cheap for tiny little plastic ships. :-/

I have a 3d printer. I really need to figure out how to design models MYSELF, so that I'm not just waiting for other people to make the stuff I want available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stansbury
United States
Jefferson City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a 3D printer I can share the models, The reason I use shape ways is because there machines can do the finer details. Most of the machines other than the pro series doesn't do all the detail on these models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
norseknight wrote:
If you have a 3D printer I can share the models, The reason I use shape ways is because there machines can do the finer details. Most of the machines other than the pro series doesn't do all the detail on these models.

You do get what you pay for, I guess. If I had the money (and patience) is be buying tons of shapeways stuff.

If love to try them on mine, though!

As to the actual stats: I know there's at least one millennium falcon star line exists. And im working on the Moldy Crow (and a few other SW ships). The Ghost seems pretty simple - I may take a stab at it when I get home. I know gwek has the ghost crew cards somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took at shot at the ghost's model on my home printer. It came out pretty decent.

Some of the details show up better in person than I could get in the picture. The color I chose doesn't help with the details or contours - but DOES make it glow in the dark. :-P

Edit: I can't into making actual custom cards, but for the Ghost I'm considering something like:

The Ghost
12 Cargo, 0 Stash
6 Crew
3 Active Jobs
3 Upgrade Slots
Standard Engine (Range 5, 1 Fuel for Full Burn)

Special: Stealth Package
* Whenever a Reaver or Alliance Ship enters your current Sector, you may immediately roll a Dice:
1-2: No effect.
3-6: Evade.

Starting Upgrade: The Phantom
* Counts as a TRANSPORT.
* Up to 2 Crew Onboard Ship may ignore Alliance Wanted Crew rolls.
* Spend 1 Fuel to take a Buy or Work action in an adjacent planetary sector.

(I also tried the Planet Express Ship, but [a] I'm unhappy with my color options for it, and [b] I need to play around with printing orientation, because it didn't come out well.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stansbury
United States
Jefferson City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great I'm glad it worked for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody have a template for ship boards? I didn't find one searching around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Gwek's got some. If he's not around, I can send you what I have, but they're pretty giant Photoshop files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
norseknight wrote:

I figure I absolutely owe you for the model, so here's my current progress on at least getting the Ghost fully playable.

EDIT: My take on the Ghost is a very simple freighter, buoyed to effective levels by that special and the (not yet made) Phantom Transport Shuttle upgrade.

EDIT2: Yay insomnia! And fantastic community templates!

EDIT3: And a drive card just for the sake of completeness (even though it's the same mechanics as the default Firefly ship drives).

EDIT4: And there's the finished ship card updated. Everything for the ship should be there now. Gwek did some great crew cards for the Rebels characters to really round the ship out. Personally I'd like to re-do Hera and Kanan at some point to make Hera the Leader, but eh, it's mostly being nitpicky.

And I've been building a new ship template while putting this one together, so hopefully it will go a whole heck of a lot smoother for future ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stansbury
United States
Jefferson City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job. I love it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Saunders
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! Nice effects on the shuttle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoy it!

I'll probably put together my versions of a few more of these when I get some time (seems like I can just use the same palette and "theme" for other star wars ship cards, with some slight modifications).

Though given that Norseknight has a Planet Express Ship model as well, I may have to try that one next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an attempt at the Outrider.

I'm not completely happy with it, but I'm trying to keep it simple. It overlaps in concept (with the same special, because that's a major aspect of both ships) with the Ghost more than is ideal, but I think that's just going to be par for course when dealing with the various Star Wars light freighters (and the fact that most of them are designed to serve the exact same role). I'd try the Outrider (and falcon, eventually) as being faster than the Ghost, with an actual Stash, but with less overall cargo space than a standard Firefly.

Still, the Outrider feels like it could use some tweaks.

Also, my take on ship-to-ship weapons. My idea was to tie them to the only ship-vs-ship game mechanic we have right now (boarding), and to make them mostly defensive, with a little bit of intimidation thrown in.

I think my ships are weak enough that they could start with laser cannons and still be fairly playable alongside other standard ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stansbury
United States
Jefferson City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, I've tried my hand at a few I'd love some feed back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Dent
Canada
ON
flag msg tools
badge
"Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
mbmbmbmbmb
norseknight wrote:
Very nice, I've tried my hand at a few I'd love some feed back

Of the three the planet express would be my favourite. I think the other two have a bit too much background and not enough ship image. But I love the fact that you made these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Dent
Canada
ON
flag msg tools
badge
"Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
mbmbmbmbmb
Greatfrito - Wow! Thank you for making the Ghost ship card! I friggin' love Rebels!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Where can I find the template you all have used for the Ghost, Outrider, and such? Id would like to experiment with making ships.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Greatfrito wrote:
norseknight wrote:

I figure I absolutely owe you for the model, so here's my current progress on at least getting the Ghost fully playable.

EDIT: My take on the Ghost is a very simple freighter, buoyed to effective levels by that special and the (not yet made) Phantom Transport Shuttle upgrade.

EDIT2: Yay insomnia! And fantastic community templates!

EDIT3: And a drive card just for the sake of completeness (even though it's the same mechanics as the default Firefly ship drives).

EDIT4: And there's the finished ship card updated. Everything for the ship should be there now. Gwek did some great crew cards for the Rebels characters to really round the ship out. Personally I'd like to re-do Hera and Kanan at some point to make Hera the Leader, but eh, it's mostly being nitpicky.

And I've been building a new ship template while putting this one together, so hopefully it will go a whole heck of a lot smoother for future ships.

About Ghost you are right.

The actual price with revised cost and a basic Radion Core Range 5 (Hyper Drive 1.00) is actually 9600$.
The Ship's template is not right about list price (7400$).

So, it is 100$ above Jetwash.
My suggestion is to pay 1000$ to get Phantom Shuttle.
Base Ghost would be same cost as SS Walden: 8600$.

Working with a Range 6 Drive Core add another 1000$ to base cost.
This is too much above other ships.

Another option would be to pay 1000$ and choose between a Range 6 Drive Core (Hyper Drive 0.75) or Phantom Shuttle.
Edit: A more thematic option might be to pay 9000$ for Phantom and Ghost and decided to purchase or not Laser Cannons.

In fact, based on Star Wars RPG, Hyperdrive number should be:
3.00 for Range 4,
2.00 for Range 5, (x2 multipler was standard in most Tramp Freighters)
1.00 for Range 6, (x1 multipler was standard for Fighters like X or Y-wing)
0.75 for Range 7,
0.50 for Range 8. (X0.5 was for modified Hyperdrive and fastest available)

GHOST Cost from card = $7400
Crew: 6 * 200 = $1200
Cargo: 12 * 300 = $3600
Passenger: 0 * 100 = $0
Stash: 0 * 400 = $0
Fuel Stash(2): 0 * 200 = $0
Upgrade slots: 4 * 500 = $2000
Burn Range: 5, 1 * 600 = $600
Stealth Package = $600
Laser Cannons: = $600
Shuttle VCX Phantom: = $1000

1200 + 3600 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 2000 + 600 + 600 + 600 = $8600
With Shuttle VCX = $9600

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
From game POV, Firefly class III should be unique for number of upgrade slots (4). It is supposed to be the most versatile.

At least, Ghost has no Stash so it seems OK to get 4 slots.
However for Outrider, I would at least stay with 3 slots at most.
Either a unique core or 2 upgrade slots only might keep Firefly III her uniqueness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.