Subject: Availability of Core Set in UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Me and my partner would love to play this game, she's a huge LOTR nerd, but I can't seem to find the Core Set in stock anywhere here in the UK. I've had a look at FFG's 'Upcoming' page on their site and the core set doesn't appear at all in their schedule.
Does anyone know where I could buy this, or when it will be in stock again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wouldn't you be better to try and hunt down a second hand copy?? its cheaper and at some point you will want more than 1 copy

Those aren't hard to find

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Palmai
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.travellingman.com/lord-of-the-rings-living-card-l...
I saw one copy on the last week in their Manchester store and available in the online store as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I actually checked there yesterday and they only had the expansions, someone must have snagged it, I didn't realise they had an online store too. Fortunately a very helpful UK BGG member has contacted me with a copy they wanted to get rid of so I'm sorted now.
If anyone else in the UK needs a copy it does indeed look like Travelling Man online has some in stock, the first online store I've seen with it in stock at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is obtaining games hard in UK? I was visiting my parents in Scarborough and there seemed plenty of stock in York and in Scarborough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The reason they still have it in stock at Travelling Man is because it's £30 + tax(£6) + shipping(£5) = £41 give or take a pennny or two; whereas before it went out of stock Chaos Cards were selling it for £25 with free shipping and the other major online retailers were similar. As for local shops, it's all very well them having stock but that only helps the people who are local if they don't have a good web presence.

I would rather have a complete 2nd hand copy in reasonable condition (not even bothered about the box) than pay over the odds for a new one.

Edit: There is now a discount of £4.20 being applied at checkout so now works out at £37 ish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Palmai
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am surprised about the extra tax on it. I bought a set of Elder Sing in their Manchester shop and paid only £27.99 same ay the price in the online shop. Why do they have "extra" tax on the online shopping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've picked up a complete, barely played copy from ebay before.

Cost me 12 quid plus 7 postage so £19 in the end .. they regularly come up.

J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its worth emailing Gameslore and asking if they can get any from their distributors as they can be very helpful that way. Got me some Warhammer Invasion packs that werent in stock and werent down as reprinting either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.