BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Design Theory

Subject: Harry Potter card game help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Michael
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've been a big card fan since I was little. Blame yugioh. Anyway! I've been thinking up a card game for Harry Potter. I play MTG and am trying to learn Force of Will. I have some basics for the HP game. It's "base idea" is one on one dueling between characters using spells, curses, items etc... I'm bad with asking for help, but yeah. I'm okay but still get stuck more than I'd like. I get paranoid and nervous when sharing ideas but I really need the help.

PS: This is mostly for fun, but I'm serious about making a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you have ideas and not much more. Make cards even if very basic with stick figure art and play test. Unless you have something tangible, you have nothing.

Feel free to ask around and explain your ideas in detail. You will find that even though you believe your ideas are the greatest, it will be difficult to get anyone to pay attention.

Getting your game noticed will be very difficult as you will find out should you actually develop a game.

Best of luck to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Michael
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the wishes of Luck. I will do that. I have a few cards already made because I was bored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The game already exists:
Harry Potter Trading Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Michael
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I know. I use to play it or at least tried to. I was just doing this for friends and myself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.