Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karlheinz Seidel
Germany
Hof
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem with the opening of doors by a Ninja. In the revised rule edition you can read:

"If a Ninja model wishes to move through a door he must either declare a force test to break it down, which will create a noise token even if a stealth dice is rolled or a stealth test to attempt to pick the lock quietly."

So, if you have a black stealth dice, why should you declare a force test to open the door? This creates noise! Or do you have to roll only black dice when you declare a stealth test?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought that was an error too at first, but thinking again about it - remember the ninja have different modifiers to dice rolls for force and stealth tests.

A ninja might stand a much better chance of forcing a door open if he has a +2 on force tests, even if he's using a stealth dice and has the option to try and pick it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Nico
msg tools
the_bengine wrote:
I thought that was an error too at first, but thinking again about it - remember the ninja have different modifiers to dice rolls for force and stealth tests.

A ninja might stand a much better chance of forcing a door open if he has a +2 on force tests, even if he's using a stealth dice and has the option to try and pick it.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Blackmore
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bengine wrote:

This is exactly it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
soupness wrote:
the_bengine wrote:

This is exactly it.

Yep, Lachlan is certainly a rules ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bouatou
msg tools
Err... wait, sanity check.
A ninja has the opportunity to choose either to pick or to brute force a door at any point in his movement, right ?
I fully understand the subtlety of having to choose between stealth and force modifiers regardless of rolled dice (although you would need at least one die of the corresponding type), but the wording "if a ninja wishes to move through a door" makes me wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Blackmore
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, not really sure what you're asking Vincent.

Are you asking if a ninja can open a door without going through it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.