Hide
17 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Green Knight Armor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felipe Mascarenhas
msg tools
How hard is it to craft the green knight armor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each piece generally requires a couple hard to find resources (usually from an expansion monster), a piece of rare gear (usually one that you can only really have a good chance of grabbing from a lvl 3 monster and usually from a different monster), and a high level innovation. The likelihood of completing a set in a single campaign is vanishingly low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Mascarenhas
msg tools
Adam said it would be completable (is that a word?) with the 3 knights expansions, is the true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Amieva
msg tools
Well, yes...

But very hard to craft.

Some parts ask you very specific ressources ( knights rewards or craft)
It requires very powerful unique rare gears to be crafted.

In 25 years (without Lantern Festival) it look likes very short to craft it

The Helm and the sword are terribly hard to reunite conditions ( Helmet need a specific quarry on your quarry list, problem ? this quarry is scheduled encounter and after the showdown he disappears from the list)

But to be honest this set is so freaking strong that seems a good balance t o it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Mascarenhas
msg tools
Axelroth wrote:
Well, yes...

But very hard to craft.

The Helm and the sword are terribly hard to reunite conditions ( Helmet need a specific quarry on your quarry list, problem ? this quarry is scheduled encounter and after the showdown he disappears from the list)

But to be honest this set is so freaking strong that seems a good balance t o it.

so cryptic.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some general notes on individual bits from the kit:

Green Faulds (waist): Needs a couple Dung Beetle Knight Resources, a Flower Knight resource, and Gormite. You need to have the Choreia (Forbidden Dance consequence, iirc) to build it.

Griswaldo (sword): You need a rare gorm item, gormite, a rare gear drop from the Dung Beetle Knight, and one iron. You need to have a survivor with a specific Flower Knight secret fighting art and you need a late game gorm innovation to build it.

Fetorsaurus (shield): You need the beacon shield, a Dung Beetle Knight resource, a Flower Knight Resource, and on of the harder to get gorm potions. You also need the Blacksmith settlement location.

Green Helm: Need a Dung Beetle Knight resource, a rare Dung Beetle Knight resource, and a specific Knight Badge. Also need to have a specific legendary monster on your quarry list.

Green Gloves (hands): Need a specific piece of gear from the Manhunter expansion, a piece of iron, and a rare Gorm resource. Also need a specific advanced core game innovation and a specific Gorm innovation to craft.

Green Plate (chest): Need a piece of rare gear from the Lion Knight, two iron, three leather, and a specific dung beetle knight resource. Need a Gorm innovation to craft.

Green Boots (feet): Need an iron, a specific knight badge, a piece of hard to get gear from the Dung Beetle Knight expansion, and a bunch of bone. Also need the forbidden dance innovation.

If you look at the above, you could conceivably complete Green Knight Armor if you ran a Gorm heavy campaign that transitioned into a Flower Knight hunt, then to a Dung Beetle Knight hunt, and also include the Man Hunter and Lion Knight nemesis monsters. That said, the resources and innovations required are... daunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Mascarenhas
msg tools
Damn....i did not pick up gorm...now, I regret HEAVILY.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
nerdcore wrote:
Axelroth wrote:
Well, yes...

But very hard to craft.

so cryptic.....

Total Shopping List
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Materials
Beacon Shield
Beetle Horn
3x Bone
Calcified Greaves
Calcified Juggernaut Blade
DBK Errant Badge
Elixir of Life

Elytra
Flower Knight Badge
2x Gormite
Hunter's Heart
5x Iron
Jiggling Lard
Lantern Bloom
3x Leather
Lion Knight's Left Claw
Scarab Shell
2x Scell
Sleeping Virus Flower
Stomach Lining
Underplate Fungus

Innovations
Albedo
Choreia
Citrinitas
Forbidden Dance
Rubedo
Scrap Smelting

Other Requirements
Blacksmith in the Settlement
Old Master on the Quarry List
A survivor with True Blade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Damn it. My man hunter expansion didn't arrive. Need to hold off on a green knight play through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Onno Daamen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where can you read/find what you what you need for the green armor i didnt see a settlement location or rulebook with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Onnozel wrote:
Where can you read/find what you what you need for the green armor i didnt see a settlement location or rulebook with it?

it is on the back of the gear card

EDIT: Another thing to take into account of how hard it is to craft green armour is Grom Climate hitting every turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
Onnozel wrote:

EDIT: Another thing to take into account of how hard it is to craft green armour is Grom Climate hitting every turn

Something I always forget about, but you can sacrifice an innovation to avoid the resource loss, if that's what you're referring to. I sucks, but it's an option, and hypothetically you shouldn't roll 1-3 too many times. Hypothetically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
Slaaneth wrote:
Onnozel wrote:

Something I always forget about, but you can sacrifice an innovation to avoid the resource loss, if that's what you're referring to. I sucks, but it's an option, and hypothetically you shouldn't roll 1-3 too many times. Hypothetically.

Having started playing a Gorm campaign it isn't that bad. There is an innovation you get for hunting Gorm so you can use it as a buffer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
poeticallybored wrote:
Slaaneth wrote:
Onnozel wrote:

Having started playing a Gorm campaign it isn't that bad. There is an innovation you get for hunting Gorm so you can use it as a buffer.

In case you haven't seen it yet, I explained in the thread you created about this that it doesn't work as you expect. Nigredo is only gained for free the first time you defeat Gorm. If you sacrifice Nigredo to Gorm Climate, you will not get it back for free for re-defeating Gorm. So you could do it once, a one-time buffer, but that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thought nigredo would go from being built to being in your future invoation draw pile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
thought nigredo would go from being built to being in your future invoation draw pile

That is correct, you would put Nigredo in the Innovation draw pile. Robert is merely stating that you can't get Nigredo for free again from defeating another Gorm in a round after you've already sacrificed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm in the midst of doing a 'Ballad of the Green Knight' game right now. We've just finished year 11, and we've made the shield and the faulds. Due to some heavy luck, we've got a survivor with the right fighting art and disorders for making the sword later.

In my opinion, it is -possible- to make the whole set by LY25, but very, very improbable. There's too much chance involved.

The calendar is also very high pressure. Manhunter and Gorm Climate are constant reminders (we haven't lost to the Manhunter yet, but next one is Manhunter 3... ). We're just now ready to start hunting the Dung Beetle Knight, and I'm trying to ramp up my gear and survivors enough to start knocking down the level 3 hunts necessary for crafting materials.

The other issue is iron. Constantly having to repair pickaxes and/or relying on terrain iron to show up is rough, and this stuff needs enough iron to be troublesome.

One thing I did discover, though, is that there is a good reason to keep hunting the FLower Knight; the Fencing fighting art is SUPER useful against the other Knights. Unfortunately, the one person I have with it is the one person I have to keep alive at all costs until we take on the level 3 Flower Knight to make the sword.... and I have to hunt other stuff right now to have any chance of meeting my timetable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.