World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: French HQ, De Gaulle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Barton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Current game I am playing France and it going to to be J/A 40( Yep hanging on by my teeth )and I am going to get De Gaulle in. France will fall this session and I am not sure by the rules how I can save De Gaulle short of again being thrown back into the French build pool. I would like to pull him to England but not sure on that either. I think the French transport might be able to make French W/Africa but not sure.

Can De Gaulle go to GB or does he need to try for F W/Africa or just toss him in the Free French force pool and be done with him.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules say: "If the French HQ ‘De Gaulle’ is neither in a hex controlled by Free France nor the French force pools, move it to the French force pools."

Being in England won't help. Get him to some place that you hope will go Free during the Vichification process, and hope for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Pretty much what I thought, Thanks for the reply.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenxzen51 wrote:
Pretty much what I thought, Thanks for the reply.

Mike

You're welcome. I tend NOT to build DeGaulle with (pre-Free) France; it's expensive and no guarantee you won't have to build it again anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
/unlurks/

A much better option than DeGaulle, with the 6 build points, and in the same time frame, is a French Land 4 bomber. If you get lucky picking, you can get the one with extended range. Then you can take advantage of the fact that the Free French have unused air actions to bomb almost anywhere in Europe for no cost in British air actions. Combine that guy with 1 or 2 Free French HQs and you can strat bomb 2 or 3 times a turn. The Production points add up pretty quickly, and it drives the German player crazy!

Oh, yeah, also it is very easy to get to a French colony on the turn that Paris falls.

/back to lurking/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.