Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about necro rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Yerton
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Base set only has one so when I spawn another one after the first one just use the supplied spawn point w a necro on the back? I'm not clear on how they act once one comes out I mean does he walk around while creating spawn points and does each spawn point have a necro we have to kill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
If you draw a Necromancer card and already have one on the board, you simply activate him again immediately. If he can escape, he does. If not and he can attack, he does that. If neither, he moves toward an escape zone.

You do not place another spawn zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Yerton
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Dormammu wrote:
If you draw a Necromancer card and already have one on the board, you simply activate him again immediately. If he can escape, he does. If not and he can attack, he does that. If neither, he moves toward an escape zone.

You do not place another spawn zone.

What's confusing me is rule book says and I quote the game is immediately lost if a necromancer manages to escape ONCE there is six spawn tokens on the board. To me this implies he doesn't try to leave or escape till there r six spawn tokens. So if in game setup you only have three spawns and now four cause of him u will never have six to activate his ESCAPE priority?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope, he (or she) normally tries to escape and, if there are six spawns out, s/he just escapes immediately. That would be an escape condition on top of the normal one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the game proceeds as follows:
if a necromancer is spawned (figure placed on board) then an extra spawn appears, if no figure is placed no spawn point is added.
-once the necromancer exits the board, his spawn point becomes permanent.
-next time the necromancer appears again a new spawn point is added
-as such if necromancers keep spawning and exiting the board unmolested, their spawn points will add up until it reaches 6 spawn points.

most games start with 3 spawn points, so if 3 necromancers in turn spawn and can exit the board then there will be 6 spawn points thus causing game to be lost.

to stop this from happening the heroes must kill the necromancers before they can exit the board, then they can remove a spawn point and stay at same nr of spawn points (3+1-1=3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bethany
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
Tulsatom wrote:
What's confusing me is rule book says and I quote the game is immediately lost if a necromancer manages to escape ONCE there is six spawn tokens on the board. To me this implies he doesn't try to leave or escape till there r six spawn tokens. So if in game setup you only have three spawns and now four cause of him u will never have six to activate his ESCAPE priority?

Nothing about what you said would imply that he does not try to escape at any time other than when there are 6 spawn locations. What it says (not implies) is that you lose the game if two conditions are met concurrently: 1) a necromancer manages to escape AND 2) his escape occurred when there were already six spawn zones on the board.

Right after the part you said you were quoting, on page 29 of the rules, it actually says, "A Necromancer tries to flee the board...he Moves 1 Zone toward the nearest Spawn Zone (NOT his entry Zone)" if there are no survivors in his zone for him to attack. Page 30 explains how a Necromancer is able to escape and how you are able to remove a spawn zone when killing one. Just read page 29-30 again and take it very literally.

Edit: As far as your question about what to do when you draw another Necromancer spawn card when the figure is already on the board, see page 28. It explains what to do if you don't have the required figure or number of figures to place for a spawn card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.