Subject: View Game's Highest Rank rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From time to time I like to look at board game rankings; sometimes I notice a game drop. Dominion for instance; almost positive it cracked the top ten, but now sits at 38 (as of March 2nd, 2016).

My question; is there a way to view the highest ranking a game has achieved on the geek?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For recent years and games high in the rankings, you can do a Google search for top 100 analysis BGG to see information about the movement of a game. One of the categories jmsr525 includes is "highest peaks".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Not systematically, but for popular games (top 50 and such) there's various geeklists keeping track of things in various ways. Specifically for Dominion, Item for Geeklist "BGG Top 50 Statistics : from 01 Feb 16 to 01 Mar 16" shows "Highest Ever : 6" (also see the very useful ranking in microbadges graph on page 3 of that geeklist).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome...thanks for the help guys.

It would be a nice feature to have built into BGG...show its highest rank in the games stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neoOberon wrote:
Awesome...thanks for the help guys.

It would be a nice feature to have built into BGG...show its highest rank in the games stats.

While it is certainly a nice feature, it is likely in feasible. The size of the database required to maintain historical rankings for every game would be dramatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
Historical rankings were stored starting from 2006, but last year the API that can retrieve them was disabled by the admins (for loading issues to the servers). If in the future it will be restored, these data (and the programs that use them) can be used to retrieve these information.

Edit: An example of a ranking chart (for Magic Realm) that I've done 05-04-2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.