Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Rüttimann
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Building the Atomic Bomb is quite a venture in Triumph & Tragedy. In contrast playing a mole card combined with a single tech card is quite a cheap way to obtain a technology.

This leads me to the following question: Can I combine a mole card with a let's say atomic research 3 card and reach that technological level without possessing the atomic steps 1 and 2?

If so, that would be a good reason to keep both your atomic tech cards in the secret vault: Firstly to keep your rivals in the dark and secondly to reduce the amount of atomic tech cards to be used with a mole.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Moody
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Rule 9.4 clearly states Atomic Research must be done in sequence and one level per year maximum.

There is only 1 mole card, but several industrial espionage cards, so keeping Atomic Research cards in the vault makes them harder to steal. Also, while in the vault, there is one less matching card in play for other factions in the same pursuit to get at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Watney
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Of course, using the secret vault reduces hand-size. Personally, I value the flexibility of a full hand-size over the somewhat chancey likelihood of a tech being copied. Only tech that would be really useful to an opponent (e.g. rocket artillery) goes in my vault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.