Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is the right place for this, or if other people want this, or even if there is enough situations to warrant this!

So suitably protected my self there shake

After recently finding this post Dewi Sant's (Delivery) Day regarding a UK designer having some copies of hard to source game (Snowdonia) for sale and available for pick-up from the Expo. I was wondering if there was any other offers like this that I've missed?

I'm not looking for every UK re-seller to post their 'specials' list (and I imagine there's probably some forum rules against that).

I'm primarily looking for designer/publisher deals where they are planning on selling direct at the Expo and are open to pre-orders from customers for pick-up at the event.

I suppose akin to the Europe Hot Deals forum, if individuals have seen offers from on-line retailers that become and amazing deal because they are confirmed to offer free pick-up from the Expo, then I'd be happy to hear those as well.

Again, happy to take this down if this isn't the right place or if anyone thinks I'm doing something wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgameguru and Gameslore both do this (when it gets nearer the time, they will have "collect at UK Expo" as a delivery option on their site)

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeb13603 wrote:
Boardgameguru and Gameslore both do this (when it gets nearer the time, they will have "collect at UK Expo" as a delivery option on their site)

Mike

As do boardgame extras
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, I do appreciate you taking your time to contribute, but I do want to re-emphasise that I don't want a list of retailers that are allowing pick-up from the Expo.

I mainly want publishers/designers that have set-up a pre-order/pick-up system for games to buy directly from them. These 'deals' usually mean both the publisher/designer and the buyer get a better return that buying from retailers.

If, and only if, there is a particular game or 2 from a specific retailer which becomes a hot deal (Ie cheapest seen ever/for a long while) then posting that is interesting too, but not the goal of this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll probably find that won't happen too much, as the designers and publishers don't want to annoy their retail partners by undercutting them at trade shows.

That said, I know Grublin Games tend to sell theirs at a little discount each year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.