Patchwork» Forums » General

Subject: Finding the needle in the app. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Ronaldson
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
Hello all. Never played Patchwork before, but I have no idea how to actually add to the quilt as the tutorial says one should use a needle, but no needle appears on my screen anywhere. I have spent 20 minutes looking for it now! Any ideas?

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are four options sprouting out from the board when you place a patch. Three of them are for flipping and rotating the patch. The green one is for placing it - it only appears when your patch is in a valid place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding you correctly, it's figuring out how to pick and place a patch, yes?

Picking it is drag and drop. Select the patch and drag it to your quilt. Don't worry about placing it yet. This picks the patch. Stage two places it.

Once you've picked it, the app will show you your quilt in larger detail. The buttons on the left rotate the patch. The top corner button on the right flips the patch over. Once you have it rotated and flipped the way you like, you can drag the patch to the place on the board where you want to place it. The bottom button on the right officially places it (stitches it in).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ronaldson
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
Oh dear - at no stage does there appear a bottom thing on the right to stitch no matter how many times I rotate the patch or flip it. I guess this must be a bug

Any ideas where I can report this bug?

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to drag the patch ONTO your quilt before the "sew" button will appear. You are probably just leaving the patch off to the side of the quilt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ronaldson
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
No no. I know I might sound simple, but I did try various things for 20 minutes. It must be a bug, so I will try downloading it again

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ronaldson
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
Ok - for those others who experience this problem - I deleted the app then downloaded it again and the issue went away! I am now finally seeing a needle!

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you're finally enjoying Patchwork. Hopefully it will lead to getting the physical version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Glad to hear you're finally enjoying Patchwork. Hopefully it will lead to getting the physical version...

It did for me, the very next day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.