7 Posts

B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help in Rules - my FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Antonio de Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
Well friends, I am starting this fantastic game but with some doubts and only you can help me. I read the manual very fast excited to play so I'm with some difficulties.

MESSENGER

1 - If during the messenger's departure (Z1> Z2> Z3) die, the second messenger returns to the starting point (Z1). If the messenger out of the board and for his return it comes to die, he returns to the top (Z3) or (Z1) to move back out of the board?

2 - When the messenger returned to the board (at Z3) in an area with no enemies, this is considered to have an action. The next action is the Enemy Spawning then we have enemies in Zone 3 with the Messenger. If we attack can kill the messenger together, how to get out of this situation? He did not get to move (it happened to me both times).

3 - In the messenger's return when it is in Zone 1 and is turn your movement rather than directly to the citadel he will have a move to the first wall to the next turn go to the citadel.

HERO DASHBOARDS

1 - On the dashboard we have 3 fields for cards. These fields are specific on the issue of "Permanent" and "Descard"?
Example, Blacksmith has 3 cards fields. The first is "Armory" to "Permanent" (blue symbol) or "Descard" (yellow symbol), the second is "Armory" and "Sorcery" with "Permanent" (blue symbol) or "Descard" (yellow symbol) and the third is "Armory", "Sorcery" and "Market" with only "Descard" (yellow symbol). Suppose I draw three cards and both have the symbol "Permanent" (blue). I could equip three cards even my last field having only the symbol "Descard" (yellow)? Question this because Thorlak Hero - The Barbarian does not have to field equipment "Permanent" (blue). Note: I believe it can not but was the subject of questions in the group.

ATTACK ENEMY

1 - If a Molen attack damage is given in construction. Its damage is caused in TWO buildings at the same time? In this case, if two Molens attacking the two constructions will be destroyed at the same time?

2 - If a hero is inside a building when a Molen attack, he receives damage and building is protected while the other is damaged? When 3 Molens attack in the same condition then, the hero still receive all damage protecting the building or there will be distribution of damage?

3 - If a hero is on the wall and three Molens attack. How would the situation, the Hero would receive normal damage and the building would be destroyed (3 damage) or be divided damage? Can I choose how the division will be made?

4 - Same thing for the Gargoh in the question above. If a hero is on the wall and three Gargh attack. How would the situation, the Hero would receive normal damage and the building would be destroyed (3 damage) or be divided damage? Can I choose how the division will be made?

ATTACK HERO

1 - If in an attack on Krohns that are in Z1 the hero has power 2 and take the data 5, 5 and 6. 3 Krohns will be killed, but we see that we have 3 Standards and 2 Elite Krohns. I can eliminate 2 Elites and 1 Standard Krohn (to make it easier) or I have to eliminate former the Standards for after the Elites? With the catapult would be the same thing?

2 - In particular dice roll behold, the Avatar of the Abyss comes. In the same area we have 4 Standard Khohn and 1 Elite Khohn. If the hero does attack the catapult and take the 3 dice roll, the damage can be selected or ALWAYS the Avatar of the Abyss is in ALL DAMAGES area will be directed on it?

RESURRECT

1 - Assuming that we are playing with 4 people. The hero's player 1 died and we see that it would not be good to be resurrected NOW because the situation is bad and would be given respawn of enemy immediately in all areas. Passing round we eliminate the enemies and so reaches what would be the turn of the player 1 again, he could NOW resurrect your hero? Or the resurrection can only be made at the time in which the hero dies?

Sorry for the long list but those questions that are preventing me (for now) to play without insecurity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Dashiell_BR wrote:
1 - If during the messenger's departure (Z1> Z2> Z3) die, the second messenger returns to the starting point (Z1). If the messenger out of the board and for his return it comes to die, he returns to the top (Z3) or (Z1) to move back out of the board?

If a Messenger dies on the return trip, the next Messenger will also be returning: Z3 again.

Quote:
2 - When the messenger returned to the board (at Z3) in an area with no enemies, this is considered to have an action. The next action is the Enemy Spawning then we have enemies in Zone 3 with the Messenger. If we attack can kill the messenger together, how to get out of this situation? He did not get to move (it happened to me both times).

It is difficult, but you must kill the enemies present without killing the Messenger. You can use the Catapult, which is better for killing enemies but is risky. Or you can use normal attacks, which don't work as well but can't hit the Messenger by mistake. Divine Grace helps a lot here, as you an adjust the hits on the Catapult so they don't accidentally kill the Messenger.

Quote:
3 - In the messenger's return when it is in Zone 1 and is turn your movement rather than directly to the citadel he will have a move to the first wall to the next turn go to the citadel.

Not quite. Moving the Messenger happens at the beginning of the turn. When he moves into the city, the game doesn't end in victory until the end of that same turn. The important thing is that you can't let any enemies attack the walls during that turn or the Messenger will die. If you successfully shield the Messenger from enemy attacks, you will win at the end of the turn.

Quote:
1 - On the dashboard we have 3 fields for cards. These fields are specific ... Suppose I draw three cards and both have the symbol "Permanent" (blue). I could equip three cards even my last field having only the symbol "Descard" (yellow)?

Each field can hold only the card types it shows, not card types shown on other fields. You can freely reorganize them to let you hold different combinations of cards though.

Quote:
1 - If a Molen attack damage is given in construction. Its damage is caused in TWO buildings at the same time? In this case, if two Molens attacking the two constructions will be destroyed at the same time?

Yes and yes.

Quote:
2 - If a hero is inside a building when a Molen attack, he receives damage and building is protected while the other is damaged? When 3 Molens attack in the same condition then, the hero still receive all damage protecting the building or there will be distribution of damage?

If a Hero is on a building, they take all the damage instead of the building. They only take the damage once (not once for themselves and once more for the building).

Quote:
3 - If a hero is on the wall and three Molens attack. How would the situation, the Hero would receive normal damage and the building would be destroyed (3 damage) or be divided damage? Can I choose how the division will be made?

Every hero and every building would take the full 3 damage. The only exception being buildings with a hero in them, as they are protected from all damage.

Quote:
4 - Same thing for the Gargoh in the question above. If a hero is on the wall and three Gargh attack. How would the situation, the Hero would receive normal damage and the building would be destroyed (3 damage) or be divided damage? Can I choose how the division will be made?

Gargohs are quite a bit weaker than Mölens. There are three differences:

1. Gargohs do not affect buildings at all.
2. Gargohs' hits are divided among Heroes, whereas each Mölen attack hits every Hero. If there are multiple Heroes, you can divide the Gargoh hits any way you like.
3. Mölens hit Heroes on the Catapult; Gargohs do not.

Quote:
1 - If in an attack on Krohns that are in Z1 the hero has power 2 and take the data 5, 5 and 6. 3 Krohns will be killed, but we see that we have 3 Standards and 2 Elite Krohns. I can eliminate 2 Elites and 1 Standard Krohn (to make it easier) or I have to eliminate former the Standards for after the Elites? With the catapult would be the same thing?

The rules for Assigning Damage (page 11, green box) say you must kill standard units before elite units of the same type. It is the same with normal attacks and catapult hits.

Quote:
2 - In particular dice roll behold, the Avatar of the Abyss comes. In the same area we have 4 Standard Khohn and 1 Elite Khohn. If the hero does attack the catapult and take the 3 dice roll, the damage can be selected or ALWAYS the Avatar of the Abyss is in ALL DAMAGES area will be directed on it?

The Assigning Damage rules say you must damage the Avatar first. The designers have clarified that you apply hits to the first target that your attack can damage. In your example with the catapult, this doesn't matter. But if the archer made a normal attack (Str 1), she could apply the hits directly to the standard Krohn, as the Avatar is immune to Str 1 hits.

Quote:
1 - Assuming that we are playing with 4 people. The hero's player 1 died and we see that it would not be good to be resurrected NOW because the situation is bad and would be given respawn of enemy immediately in all areas. Passing round we eliminate the enemies and so reaches what would be the turn of the player 1 again, he could NOW resurrect your hero? Or the resurrection can only be made at the time in which the hero dies?

You can only choose to resurrect at the start of a turn. If you choose not to, your next opportunity is the start of the next turn.

Also note the designer clarification that you cannot resurrect if the Sanctuary is damaged or destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dashiell_BR wrote:

If the messenger dies during departure (Z1 to Z2 to Z3 to off-board), he returns to Z1. You have to redo the departure.

If the messenger dies during the return (Z3 to Z2 to Z1 to citadel), he return to Z3 heading back to the citadel.

Dashiell_BR wrote:

This is very much an overlooked rules: extra damage only kills the messenger from the catapult or massive attack cards. Using base hero attacks or attacks from weapons do not kill the messenger even if you score more hits for that zone than necessary.

Dashiell_BR wrote:

If the messenger is in Z1 at the start of a round: move the messenger from Z1 to the wall of the citadel, spawn enemies and then the heroe's take their turns.

Then, perform the enemies phase. Enemies attack normally. Heroes can absorb damage coming in to that quadrant section or wall section. If there is not enough health from heroes to protect the messenger, he dies. If there was, and he lives, you win.

Dashiell_BR wrote:
1 - On the dashboard we have 3 fields for cards. These fields are specific on the issue of "Permanent" and "Descard"?

These slots let you hold permanent-use or 1-time-use (discard) cards. If you draw a card you cannot use, you can choose to use it immediately, otherwise, it is discarded.

Dashiell_BR wrote:
Example, Blacksmith has 3 cards fields. The first is "Armory" to "Permanent" (blue symbol) or "Descard" (yellow symbol), the second is "Armory" and "Sorcery" with "Permanent" (blue symbol) or "Descard" (yellow symbol) and the third is "Armory", "Sorcery" and "Market" with only "Descard" (yellow symbol). Suppose I draw three cards and both have the symbol "Permanent" (blue). I could equip three cards even my last field having only the symbol "Descard" (yellow)? Question this because Thorlak Hero - The Barbarian does not have to field equipment "Permanent" (blue). Note: I believe it can not but was the subject of questions in the group.

You can equip any number of permanent or discard card types if you have the proper slots and quantity of slots. However, if you are attacking with a permanent weapon, you can only use one weapon at a time per action.

Dashiell_BR wrote:

If there are 2 molens attacking a quadrant, and there are no heroes standing on the two building in that quardrant: the first molen attack will damage both buildings, and the second molen attack will destroy both buildings.

Dashiell_BR wrote:
2 - If a hero is inside a building when a Molen attack, he receives damage and building is protected while the other is damaged?

Yes. Heroes protect damage to buildings. Even multiple incoming damage. Part of the strategy is sometimes positioning your heroes to protect buildings.

Dashiell_BR wrote:
When 3 Molens attack in the same condition then, the hero still receive all damage protecting the building or there will be distribution of damage?

The hero will receive 3 damage: 1 from each of the 3 molen attacks. The building takes no damage.

If the hero, for example, only had 2 health / morale left, the first two molen attacks would kill the hero. The last molen attack would damage the building.

Dashiell_BR wrote:

Molens attack every zone in a quadrant. In this case, all heroes on the wall of that quadrant would take 3 damage each. All buildings without heroes on them would go from damaged, to destroyed, and the last damage would do nothing. And if there was a hero standing on the catapult, she would take 3 damage.

Dashiell_BR wrote:

Gargohs do not do 1 damage to everything in the zone like molens. Damage is distributed however the players desire among all heroes on that quadrant. If there was 1 elite gargoh (elites attack twice) and 3 normal gargohs (one attach each) for a total of 2 + 3 = 5 damage, player have to assign 5 total damage among the heroes in that quadrant. If there are two heroes in the quadrant, hero 1 could take 1 damage, and hero 2 could take 4. If there are no heroes in that quadrant, the gargohs spit their fire at nothing (they only hit heroes) and do no damage.

Dashiell_BR wrote:

Dashiell_BR wrote:

Heroes never get to choose how damage is assigned. There is a priority as listed on the last page of the rulebook.

Damage must be assigned to the Avatar until he is dead. Then damage must be assigned to molens until they are all dead. Then to the standard gargohs until they are all dead. Then elite gargos. Then krohns. Then elite krohns.

Dashiell_BR wrote:

You may choose to resurrect a hero directly before the events phase at the start of a round, if desired. You do not have to, and you can wait as long as desired.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thank you for answers, helped me a lot. I take a few more questions ...

jgortner wrote:
Quote:

Not quite. Moving the Messenger happens at the beginning of the turn. When he moves into the city, the game doesn't end in victory until the end of that same turn. The important thing is that you can't let any enemies attack the walls during that turn or the Messenger will die. If you successfully shield the Messenger from enemy attacks, you will win at the end of the turn.

In this situation, with the messenger in the wall to end the game. If there is an attack, whether or Gargoh Khohn I can distribute the damage to my heroes to protect the messenger?
If there is a Molen for example, in this case it could not be distributed because the damage it causes damage in the area, correct?

jgortner wrote:
Quote:

The rules for Assigning Damage (page 11, green box) say you must kill standard units before elite units of the same type. It is the same with normal attacks and catapult hits.

In this case I can delete any character provided that Standard? For example, if I want to start by Molens I can?

Thank you so much for everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thank you for answers, with your help this game is easier and more enjoyable to play. Within its explanation was in doubt on some things.

jgortner wrote:
Dashiell_BR wrote:

Heroes never get to choose how damage is assigned. There is a priority as listed on the last page of the rulebook.

Damage must be assigned to the Avatar until he is dead. Then damage must be assigned to molens until they are all dead. Then to the standard gargohs until they are all dead. Then elite gargos. Then krohns. Then elite krohns.

As law in conversations, if a paladin hard 1 attack of the wall, it will not cause damage to Avatar because it has resistance 4 but can hit the other resistance enemies 1. That is wrong? The Avatar ALWAYS will absorb all damage?

Another thing. Suppose there 3 Molens attacking, they destroy two buildings. If I do nothing, do not kill them and they attack again .... nothing happens? (For not have more buildings or heroes in the quadrant).

Thank you for your help, I really thank your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Dashiell_BR wrote:
In this situation, with the messenger in the wall to end the game. If there is an attack, whether or Gargoh Khohn I can distribute the damage to my heroes to protect the messenger?

Yes, your Heroes can absorb the hits in those cases.

Quote:
If there is a Molen for example, in this case it could not be distributed because the damage it causes damage in the area, correct?

Again correct; you cannot block Mölen attacks. You need to kill them or get a Tactic card to prevent them attacking that turn, or they will bombard the Messenger and kill it.

These were both confirmed by the game designers in this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dashiell_BR wrote:
if a paladin hard 1 attack of the wall, it will not cause damage to Avatar because it has resistance 4 but can hit the other resistance enemies 1. That is wrong? The Avatar ALWAYS will absorb all damage?

If your Strength is too low to kill the Avatar, you can hit the first enemy in order with Resistance 1: first standard Gargohs, then standard Krohns. Clarified by designers in this post.

Quote:
Another thing. Suppose there 3 Molens attacking, they destroy two buildings. If I do nothing, do not kill them and they attack again .... nothing happens? (For not have more buildings or heroes in the quadrant).

Correct, but don't forget they still hit Heroes on the Catapult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.