Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: What is the best zombie board game for two players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Burr
msg tools
I'm not interested in any games where one of the players must play the zombies. I'd like to hear about some games where <2 people> either play cooperatively or are leading two different survivor groups.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sena
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Zombicide - Black Plague.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lostintwilight wrote:
I'm not interested in any games where one of the players must play the zombies. I'd like to hear about some games where <2 people> either play cooperatively or are leading two different survivor groups.

John, there's no need to post threads in the folders for every zombie game you can find. Just put a single thread here:
Sphere wrote:
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
helmbreaker wrote:
Zombicide - Black Plague.


This requires one player to play the zombies which doesn't meet his criteria. However, Zombicide allows 2 players to play against the zombies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
helmbreaker wrote:
Zombicide - Black Plague.


This requires one player to play the zombies which doesn't meet his criteria. However, Zombicide allows 2 players to play against the zombies.


This is the second time I've seen someone say this on here. I am almost certain this is not true. AFAIK Black Plague is just a reskin of standard Zombicide with some tidied up rules.

Last time it was mentioned I had a look in the rulebook and it even says in there that the rules are virtually the same as normal Zombicide.

I am sure that you are wrong, but the fact that this isn't the first time I've seen it mentioned makes me question it.

Can someone who has actually played Black Plague please confirm. Are there some variant rules in the book for a player playing the zombies or something? Similar to how there is a competitive 'team' mode in the Rue Morgue book maybe...?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide Black Plague is EXACTLY the same mechanic as every other Zombicide before it. If anything you play Zombies even less because there are no Zombivors in it like there were in Season 3.

It is a FULLY cooperative game and no one plays the "bad guy"
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well thank god for that! I was beginning to think I was going mad.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
helmbreaker wrote:
Zombicide - Black Plague.

This requires one player to play the zombies which doesn't meet his criteria. However, Zombicide allows 2 players to play against the zombies.

Yep, this is completely and totally inaccurate. I don't know where anyone would come up with this, particularly when they're aware of how to play Zcide.

Again, Zombicide: Black Plague is just a Dark Ages reskinned Zombicide with some rule tweaks, it's still an "all versus game" coop.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
Well thank god for that! I was beginning to think I was going mad.


Oh...for some reason I always thought someone played the Necromancer who controls the zombies. I have the game, but haven't opened it up yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
wagglybean wrote:
Well thank god for that! I was beginning to think I was going mad.

Oh...for some reason I always thought someone played the Necromancer who controls the zombies. I have the game, but haven't opened it up yet.

Nope, the necromancer is drawn for the spawn deck and automated by the game, just like the zombies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.