Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm told once again we are completely sold out at the Hyatt Regency, at least on the peak nights Thursday - Saturday. That may change as people make other arrangements so it never hurts to check periodically to see if any rooms have opened up.

There are obviously lots of people still looking for rooms, but there's none at the inn. It's a seller's market for sure.

We can't help make the transfer of rooms happen directly. As I understand it the transferor will need to call the hotel directly and add the transferee's name to their reservation. The transferee can then call in and change the credit card on the reservation to their own. They will need to work out on their own compensation for the nonrefundable deposit already on the reservation (not to exceed $50).

What we can do is provide this official thread to facilitate transferor's and transferee's to find each other. Since demand far exceeds supply, here's how it goes.

If you are looking for a room, DON'T POST HERE. Instead subscribe to this thread. (Click "Subscribe" right under the thread title.) You will get a notification whenever a transferor posts here. How to configure your subscription notifications is outside the scope of this discussion.

If you have a room you no longer need, POST HERE. Post the specifics of your reservation - dates and room type. Expect to get a flood of GeekMail from people wanting your room as soon as you do. Pick one of them (preferably the first one to reply) and work out the transfer as explained above. I'd suggest editing your post soon after to say that the room has been transferred to stem the tide of responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine W
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the following reservations (which I no longer need because I will not be attending the con - expecting my first grandchild).

I would prefer to have one person take all 3 reservations, and pay my reservation deposits.

I have 3 reservations because Thursday was sold out at the con hotel, and I was going to stay with friends Friday. I'm listing room tax though I don't think it changes.

Tuesday November 15
Hyatt Regency DFW
Two nights
Double Queen
$242 plus 13%

Thursday, November 17, 2016
Hyatt Place Dallas Grapevine
One night
King
$121 plus 13%

Saturday November 19
Hyatt Regency DFW
One night
Double Queen
$121 plus 13%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine W
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These rooms are taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hutchens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
** Room is no longer available. Transfer has been completed. **

1 Room Available at Hyatt Regency DFW in the BGGCon block
$121 per night plus 13% hotel tax
Check in: Wednesday November 16
Check out: Sunday November 20
1 King Bed
$50 Deposit made
Paypal accepted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne Young
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
One room for 1 night available. It's for the first night of the con, great for people flying in so they at least can go straight to the con and have a room that night.

Hyatt Regency Hotel
Double Queen beds
Check-in: November 16
Check-out: November 17
Price $121

I'm not sure how others are dealing with the $50 non-refundable deposit, but we're willing to work it out with whoever wants the room.

I don't visit the forums all the time but I will try to get back to anyone who messages me asap.

The room has been spoken for and is no longer available.

Good luck to those still searching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nāt
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Transfer complete. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricin Prime
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Room in process of transfer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail sent

edit: Argh, I was number 2. I will continue to prowl around here. Gotta learn to type faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a room and or roomie just for that Tuesday night (11/15). Let me know if anyone has space for that night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Brubakken
United States
Topeka
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
I need a room and or roomie just for that Tuesday night (11/15). Let me know if anyone has space for that night!

This is not the forum for either request. If the people offering are following the rules, you'll get no responoses.
You need to follow this forum and geekmail the poster. Of course the more posts like yours and mine make it harder for people followin them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Ross
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Room transferred. Congrats Tim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take it!
Tim Kelly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chernoff
msg tools
mb
I have a room at the Hyatt Regency. 1 room with 2 queen beds. Check in Thursday, 11/17 and check out 11/20. $121 per night + 13% (fees). I am not looking for for anything for it. I'll even eat the $50 reservation fee. I just want someone to take over the reservation.

TWrecks1968
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrel Raines
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will take it. Message being sent now.

TWrecks1968 wrote:
I have a room at the Hyatt Regency. 1 room with 2 queen beds. Check in Thursday, 11/17 and check out 11/20. $121 per night + 13% (fees). I am not looking for for anything for it. I'll even eat the $50 reservation fee. I just want someone to take over the reservation.

TWrecks1968

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
TWrecks1968 wrote:

TWrecks1968

Tony! You still coming to the CON?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chernoff
msg tools
mb
Room has been transferred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chernoff
msg tools
mb
No. Something came up. Can't make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
TWrecks1968 wrote:
No. Something came up. Can't make it.

Sad Face.jpeg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flannel Golem
United States
Bemidji
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED -- NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I have the following patchwork of reservations, continuously spanning Tue Nov 15 - Sun Nov 20.
Thursday and Friday nights are reserved at the Hyatt *Place* hotel down the road from the airport convention hotel (but within the DFW toll area).
The two Hyatt Regency reservations translate to a $100 deposit for transfer; preference given to first offer to take on both Regency reservations; Paypal preferred.

Hyatt Regency DFW (Double Queen)
Tue Nov 15 - Thu Nov 17

Hyatt Place DFW (King + SofaBed)
Thurs Nov 17 - Sat Nov 19

Hyatt Regency DFW (King)
Sat Nov 19 - Sun Nov 20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Whalen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
Hyatt Grapevine Nov 16 - Nov 20. The room has two beds & one couch. I can't go to the con this year. I hope someone can take this. I also have a ticket that I will offer in a different list.

Room has been taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hancock
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry baker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
?? very interested if available

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
williewhale wrote:
Hyatt Grapevine Nov 16 - Nov 20. The room has two beds & one couch. I can't go to the con this year. I hope someone can take this. I also have a ticket that I will offer in a different list.

Please note, Bill posted about the Hyatt GRAPEVINE, **not** the Regency where the convention is being held.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:
williewhale wrote:

Please note, Bill posted about the Hyatt GRAPEVINE, **not** the Regency where the convention is being held.

Caveat emptor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Room available in the CONVENTION hotel.

Hotel: Hyatt Regency DFW
Arrival: Thursday, November 17, 2016
Departure: Sunday, November 20, 2016
Room Type: King

We'll transfer the reservation after the $50 deposit is recovered via Paypal.

Room was transferred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.