Subject: Cataloging Custom decks with full cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: watching [+] [View All]
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
A lot of stuff has been buried over the years of this Variant forum, so I thought it might be good to go back and link to some of the good decks that have art, so that people who want new decks can find them.

FlatOnHisFace

These decks have some of the coolest mechanics you will find in these forums. FlatOnHisFace has been making SotM do stuff I never thought it could for years now. I think all of his heroes now have individual card images toward the end of the comments.

Heroes:
Rhianissa Yes, a ninja cat girl. Moods, combos, finishers, insanity. First deck with art to use combos and finishers that Sid M first brought to us in his deck The Disciple.
Guntar If you find yourself wishing your turn was way more complex, and involved more tokens, this is your hero.
Bruni He sings, he fights, he rides a Dinosaur. Lost of fun.
Alpha One of the coolest custom decks in this forum. A druid-like hero using animals that you can't fully control to fight for you? Awesome.
Scarlet A sorceress that uses magical jewelry to enhance her magical talents. Another really cool mechanic here.
Bella You will love this character. Because you don't have a choice. She has no HP, deals no damage, and is awesome. Check her out.
Eirelle An archer with a lot of different arrows and Aims that change up your damage. A little like Lady of the wood and Mr. Fixer, but stands on her own quite well.

Villains:
Hunt of Fantaria A very interesting deck that will remind you a decent bit of the new Infinitor variant. It is a lot of fun, and changes the game up quite a bit. Make sure you read about the rule for the Ally keyword. (it means that target is a hero target)
Black Jack a game of chance A very interesting villain to face, and he is aptly named. Now includes an alternate character card that can be used to play as the villain to try and incap your friends.

Environments: these do not have individual cards, feel free to beg for them, just do it politely.
The Spanish Main Pirates and scurvy and don't play here with La Capitan unless you really like pain.
Frostfury Mountain Inspired by Spiff's deck (spiffworld.com/sotm/ if you don't know) and a very solid addition to any collection.
UC Berkeley Campus You can even have Villains attack his alma-mater. It's a fun one.
Carnival More fun and Games than the official carnival deck. (just kidding, we all love you Madame Mittermeier, please stop killing us.)
Desert This hot little number may be a bit dry compared to his other decks, but it will warm your heart and leave you thirsting for more. Because you just died from dehydration.

Koga

Same person that brought us the wonderful template most of us use also started his own Champions expansion. Sadly all we have are two finished heroes and a villain that he was working on.

Heroes
Whiplash Superpowers include throwing fire, fast healing and beating people with metal chains. What’s not to love?
H.E.R.O. An anti-crime robot built by Tachyon and Unity. One of the coolest early uses of Equipment cards in our community. I’ve stolen a lot of ideas from this deck.

Villain
Wu Xing Only playtesting cards are available right now, but the deck actually plays really well, maybe Koga will post the color ones again.

The Yoshi

Too much different stuff to give links to each, go check out Yoshi’s Scum and Villainy

I highly recommend his team-format conversions of solo Villains, they require only a character card and removing 5 cards from the deck to play. Adding 18 decks to the 15 already around for team mode is pretty cool, many of them work well in 1v1 or 2v2 battles.

Leif Heanzo's the Geisha is linked from Yoshi's, as well as The Yoshi's Nemesis for The Geisha, The Daimyo. The Daimyo is a really good fight, and uses an innovative set of rules to create duels between the Villainous Samurai and the heroes.

Other Creations

Expansions
I don’t need to tell anyone about the Cauldron, and The Overtime Comics and Freedom Force expansions are still being assembled, but for future reference find them best at:

The Cauldron Art by tossx, Decks mostly by tossx (Yoshi did Halberd)

Overtime Comics Art by Chris Garrett, decks by various contributors (including FlatOnHisFace)

Freedom Force Decks by DarthUrsus, Wookieman and RevKev2000. If you don't know the video game you have missed out, either way try these decks!

The Spiff Resurrection Project

Back when the Enhanced edition wasn’t yet a thing there were 4 environments and environment cards didn’t have art. Back then Spiff (Spiffworld.com/sotm) made 5 of his own environments to enhance the game experience.
In 2015 dsmail made new cards for Spiff’s decks with images and changed cards.
The originals can be downloaded toward the bottom of http://www.spiffworld.com/sotm/printable.cfm
dsmail’s versions:
Temporal Vortex
Frostfury Mountain
Styx Sewer Complex
Crystal Vault Caverns
Odyssey Space Station

Heroes

Enyo By mage-mccloud. I’m posting this here even though it isn’t officially finished, it is a really interesting deck. A bit of polish would be nice, but the deck is pretty well balanced as is. The card effects change based on if your health is odd or even, and there are a lot of cool effects to be found in the cards.
Timepiece By Braithwhite. Link to card art in second to last comment (2nd page). A time traveller with all sorts of different effects he can pull off, a really cool deck.

Villains

The Count By pwatson1974 Come, let us dance like Children of the Night! A Vampire Villain for SotM, with art looted by meat.

Environments

Kaiju City By SSJ3Godzilla. If you ever played a game of Sentinels and thought, “Man, wouldn’t it be great if we started to fight the Villain and then giant monsters attacked.” This environment is for you. It totally changes the game, and is great fun. Don’t play with Deadline or Spite though, that’s a bad choice.

Castle Uberwald By pwatson1974. A Vampire Castle for his Vampire Villain, luckily for us meat looted some art and you can find a link to it in the first comment.

The Fire Swamp By Phantaskippy. Yes, the Fire Swamp from Princess Bride, ripped off by me, and with looted art from meat linked in the 7th comment. More fun than the Screeching Eels.

La Isla de la República de las Bananas By meat. Finally this fun tribute to Junta where the heroes (and Villain) fight amidst the changing political climate of this small but violent Island.

Support Decks

Support decks are a creation of this forum, the idea is they would replace a hero so that you can play (H)=3 with 2 heroes and a support deck. Their turn order goes Start->Play the top Card->End.

L*E*A*S*H By pmagnus Law Enforcement Assisting Super Heroes. Bring full police backup with you to
your next battle with the forces of Villainy.

If you know of any finished decks with art from these forums that I overlooked let me know in the comments.

Lastly, there are many great, long-standing contributors to this community that have decks you should check out that have no art, I would highly recommend
pwatson1974, see his contributions Here.
and
Braithwhite, see his contributions Here.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more on this list. I've played the Timepeace deck. It's pretty well done.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1460225/best-fan-created-co...

Also, most of the Freedom Force heroes have decks. I've played The Ant, not bad.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1149313/custom-hero-ant-sto...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Can't believe I forgot Freedom Force. Timepiece I never knew had art. That will teach you to not check the second page of comments. If someone is able to take those images and give them the right edges and bleed for ordering cards they will be my hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great you came up with this thread. I like your concise comments on what each deck is "famous" for.

I think you have missed a beautiful, very cool and powerful hero: Leif Heanzo's Custom Hero - The Geisha (with card art)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
The Geisha is in Yoshi's scum and villainy, I will put a mention in the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may be so bold:

The Count, the undying master of Castle Uberwald, slakes his thirst with the blood of heroes. By pwatson1974 with artwork looted by yours truly. Link to cards in the buried in the comments, or click here for convenience.

The Hotel. Created on a suggestion by my daughter that a hotel would be an interesting environment, and further inspired by the classic rock song of checking out but never leaving. Link to cards in the first comment. Looted artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome. Thanks for linking that, now I have a new one to print out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some others I've stumbled across. I don't have great comments for these yet, but the effort put into them deserves more eyeballs on them:

Empress Hashima and her champions of the Lotus Empire leave their ocean-floor home hunting for a rogue who has dishonoured the Empire and the Empress. Nothing will stand in her way as she seeks vengeance, not even the city's greatest heroes. By MasterGeese with looted artwork. Links to card images in the first comment.

Private Investigator Harry Dresden is a hard-boiled wizard, dealing with paranormal cases and assisting the police. Based on The Dresden Files novels and comic. Deck by swift826 with looted artwork.

dsmail also has a bunch of stuff in addition to the Spiff Environment Resurrection project. Check out dsmail's current Thread contributions -- it's pretty much exclusively custom Sentinels decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone made a Harry Dresden deck? That's amazing. This thread is the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Current
msg tools
mbmb
Meat wrote:
Some others I've stumbled across. I don't have great comments for these yet, but the effort put into them deserves more eyeballs on them:

Empress Hashima and her champions of the Lotus Empire leave their ocean-floor home hunting for a rogue who has dishonoured the Empire and the Empress. Nothing will stand in her way as she seeks vengeance, not even the city's greatest heroes. By MasterGeese with looted artwork. Links to card images in the first comment.

Private Investigator Harry Dresden is a hard-boiled wizard, dealing with paranormal cases and assisting the police. Based on The Dresden Files novels and comic. Deck by swift826 with looted artwork.

dsmail also has a bunch of stuff in addition to the Spiff Environment Resurrection project. Check out dsmail's current Thread contributions -- it's pretty much exclusively custom Sentinels decks.

Thanks for linking my customs, Meat. I'd forgotten how long I'd been working on them until you did. Looks like I need to get a life!

Crazy enough I'll be adding to that list this month with 3 additional custom environments, so keep your eyes out for those. I just need to finish the art for the last 2.

Also, I'm in the process of posting the final versions of the hero and villain card files. The 5 hero decks (Night Shield) are done. The 5 villain decks (WWD) are really close. They're getting their last play tests this week. If I can keep my schedule all of those should also be updated this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantaskippy wrote:
.Timepiece I never knew had art. That will teach you to not check the second page of comments. If someone is able to take those images and give them the right edges and bleed for ordering cards they will be my hero.

Oh, geez, that's quite the responsibility. I don't know if I can handle being a hero. But I'll risk it by sharing the images I used when printing my copy. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you sir!

Once the new cauldron decks come out I have a big order to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Welhouse
msg tools
I don't know if the HanaGar Five meet the "good deck" qualification, but they're tested and artful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Shayed
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Using PrinterStudio I made a few oversized Nemisis cards for the player to have and to keep in the villian play area... just to remind players...

Some tend to "forget" to take the extra damage...

Its also good to use when using unfamiliar decks/sets ... forgetting the Knight and Tiamat are Nemisees is pretty easy.. and forgetting that Legacy and Iron Legacy are not is also very easy... especially when playing with a bunch of IL's Nemesees....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Shayed
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
For the Cauldron sets... Stormfront (the latest) is done... and good.

Also there are a bunch of new Alt heroes... some have gone from solo hereos to teams... very neat game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are so many older decks that are interesting.

This is a list to every (I think) deck posted in the forum.

I try to keep it up to date and if you spot any errors please tell me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IjubaI3UmR2-m5SWTDbf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rivera
msg tools
Did the Freedom Force "expansion" stop getting updated? I loved the game when it came out back in the day and picked it up immediately when it was rereleased on Steam. Was kinda excited when I saw the links here to a SotM version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Shayed
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
QUESTION - I was just asked this... and its a good question, so I'll ask:

One of the obstacles of getting these desks is that many of us, are not so "craft" oriented... and many are craft-impaired... like myself... What I love about the Cauldron is that all of the files were accessible on a google drive in a and 3 weeks later PrinterStudio delivered...

Does anyone have these new decks in a Printer Studio usable format on a google drive, or have a link to the PriterStudio order?

Thanks and game on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Faceontoast wrote:

This is such a great resource. Thank you for keeping it up.

I think you are missing Gnat? https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1727811/custom-hero-gnat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry about that, fixed now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kamphaus II
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faceontoast wrote:

My hero Whiplash and my villain Wu Xing should also be listed as part of my Champions expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Malecki
United States
Ruskin
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under environments you have Crossing Realms as Armoury but not Puppet Road. The Crossing Realms is not mine. Also it is The Armory not The Armoury. Even though it means the same thing. Don't want people to get confused ????.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall there was a joke type hero that had 40 times the same card in her deck. Fully illustrated ;-) Anyone know a link to that one?

Ah, misremembering obviously. It was unfortunately not finished
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1507153/custom-hero-maggie-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooooo how up-to-date is this catalog? :o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not very. You can find a more current archive over here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.