United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
BICYCLES FORWARD
badge
PELOTON
mbmbmbmbmb
I solo'd a 4-player version for the first time just to get this off the shelf and played. Fun little wargame for the future grandchildren, and grandpa too. The Air Force ran away with the victory this time.

Ambition II is a rare "dice and move" children's game. Players (up to 8) roll a die and move the according number of spaces along a military career path -- either Air Force, Army, Navy, or Marine Corps. The career tracks teach service ranks and educational advancement from Junior ROTC to Boot Camp to Service Academies to General/Admiral rank, Service Secretaries, etc.

The object of the game is to be the first player to reach the President's Circle in the White House. There are a few obstacles along the way that could force players to move backwards, and there are a couple of short-cuts (through the Academies or Vice-President's Office) if you happen to land on these squares.

Ambition II is a purely luck-driven mechanic with zero decision-making, which is a missed opportunity for the youngsters. Still, as an 8-year old or so, I would have dreamed about advancing up the ranks of the Armed Forces from Private to Sergeant to Lieutenant, etc. as I moved my miniature pewter tanks, ships, and jets (8 in all) along a quite colorful track.

The rules state that there should be jeeps and cannons, but my copy came with jets (2), ships (2), and two types of tanks (4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.