Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's blue! He's spiky! He's Urkel-y! And he's fast! It's Sonic the Hedgehog, based on the original Sega Genesis game from the 1990's. Players control Sonic as he weaves his way through classic levels from the video game, collecting rings and freeing the occasional fuzzy animal from robot slavery. Can the power of "blast processing" be replicated in cardboard form, or will this one have us desperately searching for oxygen bubbles?

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2016/03/episode-88-sonic-h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drejza
United States
Hockessin
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmb
This game was pretty easy to come up with some simple improvements. Just adding a timer and using the card and enemies more/better should do well. What about a spinning top device to randomize instead of a die? Any games already with this mechanic? Kinda like a spinner, but where it will stop, nobody knows. Also, the top toy factor could help...plus with a little Inception tension. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to selfishly point out that I was his arch enemy for a literal few seconds before he Vasel-lated (tm) and chose you guys in a move of quiet desperation. He said I was such a nice guy I shouldn't have an arch nemesis, but it took my wife and kids 10 minutes to get off the floor from mocking Jay laughter.

And btw, Phil Collins is a very good artist, but anything is better with Peter Gabriel. Some of tje earlier Genesis albums were a nit campy and theatrical, but Lamb and a few priors were great, and once he hit his 3rd solo album...let's just say I've played more Gabriel on album, CD, DVD, and DLs (even jad 1 Genesis album on 8-track; feel free to mock) than any other. A near fanboy here, as much as I hate the concept of fanboys on anything. Just sayin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Dyer
United States
Coventry
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great episode as usual. Somebody swipe Barter's phone and set the Water level music for every notification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this for an improvement? Since Sonic is all about breakneck speed to the point where you lose control, just add more and more dice!

The first turn starts off with 1d6, then sonic accelerates each turn, rolling more and more dice until he hits an enemy or gets to the final boss of the stage. Make the final boss of each stage accessible only be exact roll and if you go past him do another lap. You would get turns where sonic is zipping around the boars travelling dozens of spaces at a time, only to hit a spiky robot and losing his rings. Or you could just use Formula D dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.