Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello i'm a newbie of AE:TK.
I'm playing a solo campaign.
With Axis i play Demand Austria in PreWar with no influence on Austria.
Roll is 1 so 15.7 Country Resists.
So Austria alignment is western with posture Treat of Locarno.
So Axis Roll on International Crisis Table and result is Diplomatic Settlement (15.12). Western put a Western Influence to Hungary (share border with austria) and perform Ceded Land 15.3 .
So Austria is ceded to Axis and i should put a western influence marker to Austria. For rule 13.8.1.2 Austria no more exists so Western Influence marker is not placed?

If the same example was with another minor contry that is not Austria, Czechoslovalia, Switzerland (rule 13.8.1.2) i don't understand why should i put a western marker on a land that after ceded land become German Land? What are effects of this influence marker on a ceded land?

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Austria is entirely ceded to Germany, so no influence marker can be placed there -- it's Germany now.

Influence is placed in the original country if a province/region is ceded, as happens, for example, in Bessarabia when the Russians successfully demand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
see rule 15.3 and this remark in the shaded box near the end:

Clarification: Obviously, you don’t place any Influence marker anywhere if the Country no longer exists after being ceded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Austria 13.8.1.2 OK.
My main question is about inflence marker.
Suppose that axis demand Denmark and denmark is ceded to germany.
15.3 say to put a western influence marker on denmark.
So after 15.3 Denmark ceded to germany marker is put on ceded land box and denmark become part of Germany but with a western influence marker?
So later if western player obtain an Influence event on Denmark-Norway it can activate Denmark as allied minor country also if is a german territory? And if so denmark still is ceded to germany also if it's an allied minor country?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not Denmark, it's Denmark Norway. Denmark is not separate from Norway in this game.

After Denmark is ceded, the WA influence Marker is put on Norway (Oslo).

Denmark is gone and is German. If the WA get an influence event, they could activate Norway.

Again, you don't put influence on ceded lands. Only on existing minor neutral countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honosbinda wrote:
It's not Denmark, it's Denmark Norway. Denmark is not separate from Norway in this game.

After Denmark is ceded, the WA influence Marker is put on Norway (Oslo).

Denmark is gone and is German. If the WA get an influence event, they could activate Norway.

Again, you don't put influence on ceded lands. Only on existing minor neutral countries.
OK Now i've understand. Demand XXX are demand of region or dependent but the remaining territories of country are still the minor country that can be influenced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, that's it!