Popular Tags: [View All]
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have just received my copy of the book, but not been able to try it yet. Are the scenarios in this book mostly alternatives to Cities and Knights? Or are some of them to be used with C & K?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:With Cities and Knights
The scenarios are almost exclusively for use with Settlers and Seafarers only. I cannot recall any that require C&K. That having been said, we often play with the C&K rules using some of the scenarios from Das Buch. See the file here: <http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=3506>; for english translations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it odd that, in the English translation of Das Buch, the list of abbreviations used in the scenarios includes the abbrev for Cities and Knights (CK, I think). Yet not one scenario or variant actually mentions C&K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lumley
United Kingdom
Beverley
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Bunch of stuff
badge
Other bunch of stuff
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, Das Buch came out in Germany *before* Cities and Knights, hence no mention of it in Das Buch.

Obviously the English translation may have been written after C&K was released, and were included for completeness.

I think I remeber seeing somewhere athat C&K was Klaus Teuber's attempt to give some of the flavour of the 2-player Settlers Card Game with the main Settlers game. The original Settlers as conceived just included Settlers and Seafarers, then the two-player game came out (shortly followed by das Buch for the main game, though it does include some card stuff), then C&K was developed. I am always impressed by how well C&K plays and feels 'wholly' part of the main game considering it wasn't designed with the main game.

I think this is correct info...

Tomba

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.