Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Intrigued by the recent "Awesome review", I bought a copy at eBay and received it today. I checked instantly, if the game is complete, as it was second hand, and everything was fine and in great condition.

However, included are 92 tower pieces, and that's the amount, it supposed to be according to the rule book. But after reading the rules, I was wondering: the maximum number dealt to the players is 80 in a 4 player game (78 with 3 players, 72 with 2), additional there are 4 cards with each allow to use one piece from the general supply. So I can't see, how it could possibly work out in any game, that you get more then 84 parts onto the board.

So am I missing some option, or were they that generous, providing near 10% of tower pieces as spare parts? I don't think, this would happen in a game today, but even back then it seems unusual. I got Taj Mahal some months ago, there they put a spare ring to mark the Grand Mogule palace, which was a really tiny bit, easy to loose. Never the less, it was stated in the rules, that this extra part was supposed for replacement, which here is not the case, therefore my suspicion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the 8 pieces that are placed on the board during set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, how could I have missed that? blush Well, it should have gotten clear to me within first setup phase of the game at the latest, but thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.