Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doron F-N
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In about 6 or 7 games I've only saw one sale taking place,
and it was a potion.
Most of those games were with 2 players only.

How common is the buying\selling (free)action in your games?

And would you ever sell a product? (mushroom, fish...)
I mean, it's like selling a VP and income to your opponent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never in our 2 player games, maybe once or twice playing with 3/4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's actually a thread about this.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1472472/do-you-guys-use-auc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
Never happened yet. And i played with few different ppl and no one has put anything in the for sale space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played twice, did it once (ended up being an "I'll buy yours if you buy mine" deal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Morris
Canada
Creston
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last game (4 player) the buying and selling started slow but after the third or fourth round it was constant. There was a lot of wheeling and dealing going on and it became a really fun part of the game for us. It almost reminded me of the old Catan days where we'd all be yelling and outbidding each other. In A&B the stories are fantastic, the euro resource management/action selection stuff is great, but it's the selling aspect that pushes this game just over the top and makes it one of my faves (and I didn't realize it was even really a big part of the game til our last play)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Morris
Canada
Creston
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogfreeman wrote:
And would you ever sell a product? (mushroom, fish...)
I mean, it's like selling a VP and income to your opponent...

That's why your opponent has to make it worth your while. There was a lot of 'this fish is worth 4 points to you, what are you willing to pay for it??' in our last game (we also allowed trading of good for good, which I am not sure is allowed in the rules but my game group insisted was in the spirit of the game and I agreed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen anyone trade yet but I've only played three times so who knows? From a strategic standpoint I think there are probably good reasons to trade occasionally but the people I play with tend to just focus on their own boards rather than think of trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have yet to use it. I've played 6 or 7 games? now and the majority of those have been 2P with my Husband.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just played my first game yesterday. Two players trade goods.

I can see people doing it in the end game, when some would have leftover money and some would have some good to sell. I know if I've try to come up with some more coins I can build the star building I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Have been playing it 5 times now and I guess the trades are not you come to see in every game. My experience, there was only one or two plays that involved trading, even it's each once or twice.

The idea of giving something to another player which benefit them is hard to accept to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim De Rycke
Belgium
Hofstade-Aalst
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with the following house rule:

in your turn you can place 1 good in the trade space and at the end of a round you can trade that good with "the bank".
The amount of coins you get for it is decided by rolling a die:
the outcome divided by 2 rounded down (so for example if you roll a 1, 2 or 3, you get 1 coin, if you roll 6 you get 3 coins)

if you want you can add the following rule:

when multiple players trade in a round, the goods those players trade have to be from a different kind
(player A trades 1 fish, player B 1 mushroom, player C 1 rope)

---

Hope you enjoy it,

greetings from above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron F-N
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
codygarfield wrote:
In my last game (4 player) the buying and selling started slow but after the third or fourth round it was constant. There was a lot of wheeling and dealing going on and it became a really fun part of the game for us. It almost reminded me of the old Catan days where we'd all be yelling and outbidding each other. In A&B the stories are fantastic, the euro resource management/action selection stuff is great, but it's the selling aspect that pushes this game just over the top and makes it one of my faves (and I didn't realize it was even really a big part of the game til our last play)

Ha! well that sounds amazing.
Apparently most people don't experience this, weird!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
It happens pretty frequently in our games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to put a potion or cider up for sale when I see that people may need them, and I'll make sure to point it out to them, too. Also, as it gets closer to the final round I find it can be lucrative to try and sell some of my extra 1VP resources to players that get more points for them (negotiating that price can be a fun challenge, too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.