tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids keep asking me to vote for Dig but it seems they're going to have to wait a bit longer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOOOOOOO!

I want DIG. But now even I had to vote for SPY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Downie
United Kingdom
Wirral
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in both but I decided to vote for the underDIG this time. See what I did there? Did ya? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor DIG! I hope it will get voted sooner or later xD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T N
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always down for the more complicated small games. SPY looks great and gets my vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Johnston
United States
Mohawk
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIG needs more of a description. With only a 1 in complexity I keep voting for the others with more complexity. DIG might be a great game but it is hard to know (well, for all it is hard to know without playing but... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spy with my little eye a sure-fire winner in the form of a new contender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far it looks like Spy is going to be my favorite of the whole bunch. Looks really interesting! Come on stretch goal!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was voting for Dig mostly because I love dogs and the box reminds me of mine. I had to go for Spy this time though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Longsmith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
There was a bit better of a description in one of the updates:

"DIG was tough to rate on complexity, as it feels more like a "2 - Intermediate" but the rules are so simple, it was hard not to just make it a "1". DIG is a Pick Up and Deliver game, with some very interesting scoring, based on player (dog) manipulated dog bowls. The "dog nose" on each card has 2 colors, which dictates which bone could be on the other side. I also have a soft spot for fetchin' dogs...and could have called it "REX" after one of my best, furry friends of all time. Happy voting!"

I still voted for spy. I like having a variety and adding a table-free game is a great move in my book. I get those with kids wanting "1"s or "2"s but I think the moderately complex games would get more play with my crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur O'Dwyer
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like themes, so I voted for DIG over BOX; but this time SPY definitely wins on theme!

The one thing that puts me off of DIG is the art design on the cards: are those floating alien beings, or dog noses filled with multicolored snot? Either way, it makes me go yuk a little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thief Hook Ups
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good sign when even the Kickstarter campaign is fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tron

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like how all the sudden the next goal is 15k away when all previous were 10k apart. Wish Chris would put up a stretch goal list so we can see what we're aiming for in the future goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Handy
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friend and play-tester Ryan Cowler described it well in a previous poll....

Each turn you can move your dog a certain number of spaces on the dig line. The amount of spaces your dog can move depend on how many bones they are currently holding in their mouth; the more bones you hold, the less spaces you can move.

When you finish on a space with dirt to dig in, you can "dig" that spot and flip it over and hold that bone in your dog's mouth. The bones are different colors, and you can get a hint as to what color the bone color is underneath the dirt by looking at the "smell" indicator on the dirt side of the card; there are two colors in the dog nose and the bone underneath will be one of those 2 colors.

When you dig a spot and take the card, you immediately replace it by taking the card that's at the rear of the dig Line and putting it in the newly empty space.

When you have a bone(s) in your dog's mouth after digging them up, you cannot "score" the bones until you land on a bowl, in which case you can then "cash in" and acquire all the bones you're holding that are the same color as the bowl space you're in.

At the end of the game all of the dirt spaces will be dug up, leaving only the dog bowls. The position of the dog bowls at the end of the game will dictate how much each bone color is worth. The closest bowl to the doghouse will have its colored bones be worth the most points, with the farthest bowl's bones worth the least.

The player with the highest point total in bones, wins.

...there are a few little details I left out, but that's the basic gist of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derezzed wrote:
I don't like how all the sudden the next goal is 15k away when all previous were 10k apart. Wish Chris would put up a stretch goal list so we can see what we're aiming for in the future goals.

I'm guessing additional games at $80K, the already-mentioned $100K, and every $25K after that. It's not like Chris is made of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoebe Wild
Australia
South Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
Cardboard Vault Reviews!
badge
mbmbmbmb
derezzed wrote:

They weren't all 10k apart. First stretch goal was 6k, second was 9k, third was 10k and fourth is 15k.

caffeinehead wrote:
It's not like Chris is made of games.

I dunno, he looked suspiciously box-like and cardboardy when I met him, with an odd aversion to water and sticky food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would like Spy, please cool Thank you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the description of DIG. It sounds a lot more fun to play with your description, but the snotty alien dog beings are enough to make me vote for Spy!

Any hope of getting rules sheets or videos of any additional games on the campaign page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want DIG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Handy
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien dogs? You mean the dog snouts? Hmm... Maybe those need to change to be more clear what they are.

Rules: Rule sheets that are ready for public viewing are not finished on the games 5 and up. We expect to have those ready in the next month or so. When they are finished, we will be posting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tye BGG
msg tools
ChrisHandy wrote:
Alien dogs? You mean the dog snouts? Hmm... Maybe those need to change to be more clear what they are.

Maybe an actual dog's face/nose with the colors represented by a charm on the dog's collar? It took me a few looks to understand what the current art represents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Handy
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we have changed it to "smell" lines...that are wafting from the grass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you are still tweaking. Looking forward to seeing the new design. Thanks for listening to the rabble!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.