Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Romano
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if this has been asked, but I am about to start my first game of this and had a question. Please be aware I haven't looked at any cards yet, but I am confused by one of the rules....

I understand that you can read card A, place tokens, and those players can explore their room (read card) without costing any TUs. If one of the rooms someone is in ends up being a test of some kind or combat, do they suffer a penalty if it is decided as a group to leave the current location without doing any actions?

Also, I don't know if this matters or not, but when do you place the shields in a room? Would you place them right away when you are exploring or only if you spend a TU to do actions?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If one of the rooms has a lock icon on it - you can't leave that room unless you complete what it says on the card.

But if no lock you can leave with no penalty or extra time being used.

We only placed shield tokens if someone was going to do the action for that room or was forced to do it because of a lock icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally you would place the shields after reading the card, regardless if you intend on doing the test.

This lets your fellow agents know what difficulty you are up against, and any penalties the longer it takes.

Tests are optional unless the card specifically says otherwise (most likely by having the Locked icon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Example of a Test: It is a desk that needs to be searched. 4 shields. If the test is passed, take Item 32.

This test has no padlock on it, so you can totally ignore it if you like and go elsewhere

Example 2: Bad Guy fight. This test will most likely be marked with a padlock, meaning you cannot just walk away.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.